★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official Tweet Button

10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 395
The Official Tweet Button

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I was wondering if TA was considering putting the official TWEET button on the website instead of the retweet button.

Just my personal preference...

Tweet Button Page

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings
10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,505
I prefer the look of current one. It looks simple and fits in nicely on the front page. Macrumors (arn's other site) uses the official button btw. It just seems a lil odd to me.

10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,692
I'm not sure why we use the one we do! I'll bring it up with Arn, surely there is (or was) a good reason.
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
I prefer the look of current one. It looks simple and fits in nicely on the front page. Macrumors (arn's other site) uses the official button btw. It just seems a lil odd to me.
Like I said, personal preference.To each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I'm not sure why we use the one we do! I'll bring it up with Arn, surely there is (or was) a good reason.
Thanks Hodapp. Hope to here back!

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,692
I guess it's an issue with the version of WordPress we're using and the minimum requirements of the plugin. Either way, using the official button is now officially on the to do list.
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I guess it's an issue with the version of WordPress we're using and the minimum requirements of the plugin. Either way, using the official button is now officially on the to do list.
I'm guessing it's a different version than TechCrunch?

Good to know though, thanks again!

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,438
official tweet button in place

arn
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 395
Thanks Eli and Arn.

TA is the best!

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings