★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flick Fishing Barracuda

10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Flick Fishing Barracuda

Ok, either I just don't have the patience or something. I can not seem to reel in a barracuda. The line snaps every time. What is the trick to reeling it in, quickly. The only reason I really care is because I keep having to catch them for the face race thing. Please help.
10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty9385 View Post
Ok, either I just don't have the patience or something. I can not seem to reel in a barracuda. The line snaps every time. What is the trick to reeling it in, quickly. The only reason I really care is because I keep having to catch them for the face race thing. Please help.
The trick is to not reel too quickly (that's why the line's snapping). Try and only reel when the fish isn't fighting (when the strength meter isn't jiggling) and it also helps if you've got the OMITL Line Oil from the quest.
10-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
The trick is to not reel too quickly (that's why the line's snapping). Try and only reel when the fish isn't fighting (when the strength meter isn't jiggling) and it also helps if you've got the OMITL Line Oil from the quest.
I have the Line Oil, and I reel in really slow, but If the line doesn't snap, I end up with the line out over 600 feet.
10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty9385 View Post
I have the Line Oil, and I reel in really slow, but If the line doesn't snap, I end up with the line out over 600 feet.
The line can go out over 1000ft there, as the fish is battling to get away and you're slowing by careful reeling it'll be tiring out so you can eventually start gaining ground.
10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
The line can go out over 1000ft there, as the fish is battling to get away and you're slowing by careful reeling it'll be tiring out so you can eventually start gaining ground.
Are you working on updates for flick fishing, its still my favorite game in the appstore!
10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codycat View Post
Are you working on updates for flick fishing, its still my favorite game in the appstore!
Yup. There's another point update going through testing at Freeverse at the moment and an update to Flick Fishing FREE is going through approval as we speak.