★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SP & SP Inc.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.8 MB
  • Version: 1.08
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The ORIGINAL and highly-anticipated strategy card game is unleashed on the Ipad. Be a part of the most unique card game on ipad!

Heroes Blade is the first of its kind on ipad. It is an rpg-style turn based strategy card game that is played with a deck of exclusive spell and minion cards that you buy and upgrade over time. With each passing victory you will earn more gold to buy new cards and upgrade the ones that you already have into more powerful versions. You will face over 25 different characters that you must defeat in levels until you are ready to face the last titan!

Features include:
* 90+ upgradeable minion cards
* 30+ different spell cards
* 6 unique traits
* 25+ distinctive characters ready to smash you into the ground
* Duelling mode for challening your friends

There are over 120 different cards to help you defeat your opponents along with 6 different traits that will help you gain an advantage over your powerful enemies.

More cards will be added with each passing update along with new characters, traits and bosses. There are dozens of different strategies that you can try and such a diverse selection of cards that you will replay this game over and over to find all the unique and awesome content hidden in the game!

Future updates will be player-influenced, so you can LITERALLY be a part of this game as it grows by coming up with great new card ideas and posting them on the games forum!
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Really needs a gameplay video or lite. Could be cool.

10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
For $2.99 I'll take her.... Er... Oh.... It's a game....

On a more serious note - this looks like it could be an excellent game. Would love more information on the game play - a video explaining the gameplay would be excellent...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Looks pretty fun, will try this out later.

10-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Would love to know if it's any good, I can't find any videos or reviews on this one.
10-08-2010, 09:46 PM
My Impressions

Hey guys,

Just TOFTTed this and spent a bit of time playing. The game is halfway decent, but as I'll expand on further, feels a bit unfinished.

The game is essentially a take on Magic. There's no story mode or a campaign here, only a series of card based duels that ramp up in difficulty over time. The system itself is very easy to understand, and you'll have an understanding of the mechanics literally within seconds.

The first thing you do when you start a 'level' is to select your opponent from a pool of 3. There's no description or flavor text, so you just pick whoever you feel like going toe to toe with and you're immediately taken to the battle screen. The UI is functional and clean, but has its flaws. On the top corners of the screen are your HP and mana indicators. Across the bottom of the screen are the cards in your hand, a surrender button (shaped like a skull but unlabelled), and a end turn button (shaped like an hourglass, also unlabelled). Defeat 2 out of your 3 stock opponents and you get to take on the 'boss' for the level. Beat him to proceed to the next level, but if you lose the level resets and you have to go through the fights again to get another shot.

During your turn (it seems you always go first in this game), you can play as many cards as you can pay for. Mana cards are played for free and increase your 'stock' of a particular color by 1. There are only 3 types of mana in the game. Your starting deck is decent, but its entirely possible to get mana-screwed and lose the game almost essentially from the get-go.

Where cards can be played are dependent upon actual card itself. Most cards have mana costs, and cards you can't play at the moment are helpfully shaded in black and white. Tapping on a card will bring up its stats, but again, there's no flavor text or anything that makes it vaguely interesting. Some creatures can cast spells for themselves, but by and large the most common text you'll see for creatures is 'Ranged'. That's it. Spells are a bit more descriptive thankfully.

The field of battle is rather plain so far. The starting field I've played on is a generic green flat splotch with nothing in the background. There are no indication of where cards can go (ie, no grids, nothing resembling a playmat, no indication whatsoever). There are essentially 2 rows where creatures can be placed, front and back.

Creatures in the back row can only attack if they have the 'Ranged' subtext. Oddly enough, this rule applies even if there are no enemies in the way to fight. To give an example, if you place a melee attacker in the back row by accident (there's no undo), that creature will be useless throughout the entire game. As far as I know, there isn't even any way to get rid of useless creatures. The game limits you to having 3 creatures in each row, and once each position is filled, the only way you get replace a spot is to hope that your opponent kills the occupant.

The other criticism I have is the fairly bad typos and spelling mistakes sprinkled throughout the text. This is a really easy fix, and really shouldn't be in the final build of anything that goes through a QA process.

Now onto the not-so-bad stuff. Each duel is fairly quick, so the game lends itself to short play sessions. There also really isn't much frustration even if you lose due to poor mechanics as chances are you can easily have another go within 5 minutes.

Every battle you win nets you some gold, which allows you purchase more cards, or upgrade passive abilities.

The artwork is nice, and each creature and card has a good amount of detail. There are no animations to speak of, but all things considered that's not really a requirement. Unfortunately, the detailed artwork only serves to highlight the bland environments even more.

The game also comes with a 2 player mode which I have yet to try. Of course, being a card based game there is a deck editor that does exactly what you need it to do, but nothing more.

Overall I'd give this game a 6 out of 10. It has great potential, and with a few tweaks could easily be something truly worth owning but until then, I recommend waiting for an update or two before picking this one up.
10-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for TOFTT! I don't think I'll be buying this any time soon.

10-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I wonder how it compares to Orions Legend of Wizards.
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Hello there, i think i would try this one but...i can't find it at the applestore my user id is from usa but when i search "heroes blade" i just got a screen telling me the game isn't available on us store...where is it then?

any ideas? thanks a lot
10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Interesting, I am downloading.