★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: a PRECIOUS HEIRLOOM has been TAKEN by an EVIL WARLORD
INCENSED, the LEADER of PIXEL VILLAGE has called upon his MIGHTIEST NINJA, HANZO

embark on a journey through feudal japan, and immerse yourself in an enchanting, pixified world.

encounter samurais, strong-men, ninja dogs, and more as you make your way through market streets, castle keeps, darkened caves, and magical forests.

go ninja, restore honor to pixel village, and return the heirloom to its rightful place!

FANTASTIC pixel ART
4 STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL natural environments
20 EXCITING levels
4 powerful NINJA-ITEMS
soothing traditional FLUTE SOUNDTRACK
multiple ATTACK TECHNIQUES

twitter.com/TRINITIgames
10-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I like it.

Maybe I get it after breakfast

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

10-08-2010, 10:36 PM
This is actually not bad at all -- sort of a combination action, stealth, and puzzle game. The pixel graphics are nice, the animation is basic but smooth, and there's actually a fair amount of depth.

This and Death Knight have given me cause to reconsider my generally low estimation of Triniti as a publisher.
10-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is actually not bad at all -- sort of a combination action, stealth, and puzzle game. The pixel graphics are nice, the animation is basic but smooth, and there's actually a fair amount of depth.

This and Death Knight have given me cause to reconsider my generally low estimation of Triniti as a publisher.
Thanks for the impressions Square!
I will definitely be picking up the gamebox now.

10-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Exactly what i was thinking.

10-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Game Impressions

So here are the first game impression.

The presentation is nice but the font is hard to read. The intro shows you already what you need to do an what you can do. Very nice.

you play a Ninja sent to find the heirloom in each level.
On the level beginning the maze like level is shown to you from the target to you point of infiltration. This cannot be skipped, so it can get a little annoying.
There are several type of guards. Each has a specific line of sight (LOS in RPG talk ) that you need to avoid. So approaching from behind and stealth killing the guards is the usual thing to do. You have really a very hard time if you engage in open combat where you will usually die very quickly.

And then there are The Ninja Dogs, YES! Best avoided completely since the have a 360 degree LOS.

Gameplay: this plays mostly like a DS-Shooter. Controls are ok, nothing much refined but they do the job satisfyingly enough. Though IMHO they are a bit itchy. You can also pick up powerups and use them.
And the animation is smooth indeed. Sound is ok, though more functioonal that ear candy and Music is comfortable.

The map detection seem a bit problematic in some cases where you run against invisible borders, or even seem to get stuck in corners or between decorations.

Fighting is just hitting the button. But beware, after a stealth kill you cannot move for a fraction of time, so you better make sure no other guards are too close when you do it.

All in all this is a nice retro game that reminds me highly of another original retro game. But I cannot remember the name right now.

I have to see how the difficulty levels up in in later stages, since the first 5 levels are fairly easy. You will die mostly by figuring out how to do what. What I can already tell is that you will def. get your .99c entertainment out of it.

AH, and I forgot,
your time for completing each level is taken. And Pixel Ninja has Game Center support.

Last edited by dyscode; 10-09-2010 at 12:51 AM.
10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Sticking this on my wishlist for now.

Invaders Must Die.
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
all you guys who bought this failed. it's in gamebox two. if you want this game, go get that. peace out.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
all you guys who bought this failed. it's in gamebox two. if you want this game, go get that. peace out.
I don't want the rest of the gamebox 2 (I already have Death Knight, and the other games seem mediocre) so I'm glad to get this particular game for .99 (instead of paying 2.99).
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
The wise man of TA has spoken!

Invaders Must Die.