iPad

Default Alien Space (Universal App)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/alien-space-free/id399778587?mt=8

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 10-30-2010 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: lite
Old 10-09-2010, 01:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode

From the videos IŽd rather wait for a lite or enough impressions.
I am not conviced of the gameplay by now. It looks more hectic than fast paced.

And I also not convinced this is the best. MAYBE Alien Space can be one of the best, at best.
There are also still at least Meteor Blitz and Space Minor, which are also cheaper.

Last edited by dyscode; 10-09-2010 at 01:38 AM..
Old 10-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I have to admit, you guys are quick! =) I was going to start this thread a little earlier when I found out the game was in the appstore and came here and already see a thread going.

@dyscode: Many of the clips I used for that trailer are of course from later levels. When you start off it's not nearly that frantic and the game gives you plenty of time to get used to the controls and weapons as the difficulty progression increases. Over the course of the beta testing I did tweak it here and there and I think most people seemed to like how it came out.

But certainly I will continue to listen to feedback and if necessary make changes in future updates. Seriously, any creative criticism and suggestions you guys give will be looked at very seriously since my main goal is to produce a top-notch game. In fact I'm already working on what will be the next 2 updates, coming soon.

Thnx!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:26 AM
iPad mini

As a huge fan of top-down shooters and a connoisseur of the twin-stick genre, I've been looking forward to this game for some time. Obviously it lends it's DNA to Space Miner --- which is no bad thing at all --- and to my absolute amazement, I've found myself enjoying even more than it's illustrious grandfather! BUT!!!.....regrettably, so early on, there's a bug that causes the game to crash on completion of the 3rd level, which throws you out to your devices home screen! I have an iPhone 4 and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this? Seriously, this game is amazing and would easily command a five star rating from this iGamer. But as it stands, it can only muster a generous, yet disappointing three. Can't wait for a fix, at which point I'll be delighted to update my review....
Old 10-09-2010, 07:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This looks quite good and I would gladly take a chance on it, however what's stopping me is the price. It isn't even a matter of whether or not it is "too much;" the simple fact is this won't sell well at this price point so a price drop is most likely imminent. I want to buy the game, just not sure I want to feel silly 2 days later.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Then again, when did feeling silly ever stop me?

This is a great game, intense, with a high degree of challenge. For once also, the app description may be believed: the enemy AI is indeed outstanding. There's less of a feel here of fighting off waves of enemies exhibiting particular attack patterns, and much more so one of battling more intelligent and much less predictable foes.

The game did indeed crash for me also, upon completion of level 2 though, not 3, and though I was able to complete it successfully upon replaying it the next time, it does sound like there's an issue there for the dev to look into.

The only other negative I noticed, is the brief stuttering/slowdown upon switching to a new weapon. This occurs both for the player as well as the AI. It does iron itself out within a couple of seconds and therefore is not a really significant issue but if fixed would only make this game that much more solid.

Overall, a definite recommendation, although whether or not one should wait for the (still inevitable, I think) price drop is obviously up to the individual. In any case, this is a game that deserves some solid attention.

Last edited by Gabrien; 10-09-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that right now my top priorities are to find that crash bug that Simon pointed out and also the performance glitch you get when first firing a heavy weapon. I'm going to spend the weekend working until i have fixes for these things and get an update out as soon as I can.

I'm sorry about that and hope it doesnt ruin your enjoyment of the game. I promise there will be a fix soon.

Owens
Developer, Alien Space
Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

wow, it's finally out!
gratz, Owen
Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 PM

dude this game is freaking awesome...nice job on its release, i bought it knowing the crash bug .... i haven't gotten it yet but it looks like alot of hardwork and love went into this....

i hope it will have retina display someday , if it does it will be amazing looking...

Owen, i see a star trek fan made this also, the photon you shoot is straight star trek looking love it!!!

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 10-09-2010 at 12:38 PM..
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
wow, it's finally out!
gratz, Owen
Thanks!

Just to let everyone know, I already found the cause of the crash bug. I'm going to try to do an update and submit it to Apple as soon as I can today and hope it doesnt take too long to get it approved.