★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: zlegame inc
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 92.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (6)
App description: NEW VERSION ON SAEL!! ShiningCore is now $0.99 for a limited time!!
Shining Core
'Shining Core' is a new concept game combined puzzle with role playing.
It's quite different~! You can enjoy awesome actions controlled by puzzles.
If you once taste this, then you can't stop it ~!
-----------------------------------------------
Description

'Shining Core' is the fusion of puzzle and role playing games with awesome actions
which is very different from old puzzle or role playing games.

You can not only have much fun, like puzzle games, with character's combats controlled by puzzles.
You can also have much more fun, like other role playing games, with training your own character
by combating with monsters.

You can enjoy strategic puzzles and suspenseful combats through 3 types of characters at various level class,
over 30 kinds of monsters and divided 6 stages.
-----------------------------------------------
Feature
- Very easy to controll and play
- Awesome actions using various cores
- Strategic combats come from 3 characters
- My character with my own costumes
- More than 30 kinds of monsters
- My combat style using items
- Suspenseful puzzles and actions different from other puzzles

Gabrien's comments:
This looks very interesting. Not sure for mine though, how much faith it's possible to have in a game where the devs apparently managed to typo the title...

10-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Wow looks awesome
match 3 fans will definitely get this one
and i might too

BTW
Change the au to us

eh

10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Bought, bought and... Bought!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Think I might grab this

Add me to your Game Center .... Lacedolphin
10-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Bought, bought and... Bought!
If you can buy it three times, I can buy it once!
10-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Any impressions so far?
Might ease the wait for Puzzle Quest 2...
10-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Is the matching fast? Does it play as well as Montezuma, Kalevala, or one of the Match-3 greats?

Thanks for any info!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
10-09-2010, 08:40 AM
High hopes - buttttt - music tends to fade in and out and I keep crashing during the first level. I did a reset and still the same thing. If it didn't crash - the blocks move a little slowly and there is an animation of a battle between every move. Kind of neat but kind of annoying at the same time.

If I can get past first level I will let y'all know more. (maybe not working well on a 2g?)
10-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
High hopes - buttttt - music tends to fade in and out and I keep crashing during the first level. I did a reset and still the same thing. If it didn't crash - the blocks move a little slowly and there is an animation of a battle between every move. Kind of neat but kind of annoying at the same time.

If I can get past first level I will let y'all know more. (maybe not working well on a 2g?)
Thank you for the quick impressions.
I found only one video on YouTube (searching iPhone Shining Core) which seems nice but I do not understand one thing: are the only sequential matches or is there an actual story/you explore somewhere and move your PC?
I notice different backgrounds but I do not know if it's only a cosmetic things to differentiate monsters battles.
10-09-2010, 08:52 AM
It appears there will be a progression to the story, however not getting past the first level I can't say for sure. I tried to contact them using the support link but the webpage is blank. Also not a good sign.