Chipmunk Physics 5.3.2 Released!
Get the source while it's hot! (Mac/Win/Linux/iPhone/etc)
Mostly a bug fixing update, but a big one. There are also a number of minor API additions and documentation fixes.
Google Code Project Page
Cheesy promo video: Youtube
Documentation: C API docs/Objective-C API Docs
See some games made with Chipmunk on the wiki.
Demo app binaries: (Mac, Win, iPhone)
CHANGES SINCE 5.3.1:
- FIX: Collision begin callbacks were being called continuously for sensors or collisions rejected from the pre-solve callback.
- FIX: Plugged a nasty memory leak when adding post-step callbacks.
- FIX: Shapes were being added to the spatial hash using an uninitialized bounding box in some cases.
- FIX: Perfectly aligned circle shapes now push each other apart.
- FIX: cpBody setter functions now call cpBodyActivate().
- FIX: Collision handler targets are released in Objective-Chipmunk when they are no longer needed instead of waiting for the space to be deallocated.
- API: cpSpaceSegmentQuery() no longer returns a boolean. Use cpSpaceSegmentQueryFirst() instead as it's more efficient.
- NEW: cpSpaceRehashShape() Rehash an individual shape, active or static.
- NEW: cpBodySleep() Force a body to fall asleep immediately.
- NEW: cpConstraintGetImpulse() Return the most recent impulse applied by a constraint.
- NEW: Added setter functions for the groove joint endpoints.
- MISC: A number of other minor optimizations and fixes.