★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SALE - Dapple 40% off for a Limited Time!

03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
SALE - Dapple 40% off for a Limited Time!

Hi Everyone:

I wanted to let you all know that Dapple is now 40% off for a limited time! The price has been reduced to $2.99 in the US (and accordingly around the world).

Dapple Lite should be out any day now, so we're celebrating early with a sale!

Dapple on iTunes

For those who haven't seen it before, this is a Dapple gameplay walk-through:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Owen
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
iTunes is acting up so I don't know if the Lite is out yet... if it's not, can you extend the sale to include a few days until the Lite is out? I'd really like to try it out before purchase. Thanks

03-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
iTunes is acting up so I don't know if the Lite is out yet... if it's not, can you extend the sale to include a few days until the Lite is out? I'd really like to try it out before purchase. Thanks
No, the Lite version isn't out yet. But don't worry! The sale will extend for at least a few days past the Lite version's release.

Owen
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
This is an awesome game - an neat original twist on the Match-3 genre. Everyone should check it out
03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
This is an awesome game - an neat original twist on the Match-3 genre. Everyone should check it out
Agreed.
Good luck with the sale! I think that 2.99 is much more reasonable...pity that I already bought it. :P But it is a good game.
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Mr. OTrain13,

When playing Classic how is the difficulty ramped up? Fewer moves to make higher goals? Is anything NEW introduced in later levels or does a player really see it all right from the first level?
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Brown paint gets introduced into the game (you can't change it's colour, but you may still match it), it eventually spreads and chokes up the board until you can't move any more. I reviewed the game and found it to be great, especially with the multiplayer mode (doesn't come often in match three games).

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
03-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey Mr. OTrain13,

When playing Classic how is the difficulty ramped up? Fewer moves to make higher goals? Is anything NEW introduced in later levels or does a player really see it all right from the first level?
Hi LordGek:

As you level up there are several things that change with each level:
  • The frequency with which brown paint drops into the game -- at higher levels much more brown paint appears at the top of the board.
  • The number of moves it takes for brown paint to spread -- at low levels, brown paint might take 8 moves before it spreads. However, at high levels (around level 20, for example), it might spread every 2 or 3 moves.
  • The number of tiles you need to eliminate to move on to the next level -- the higher the level, the more tiles you need to eliminate before moving to the next level.
  • The fun! -- it's a scientifically proven fact that the fun increases exponentially with each level gained! (ok, so I can't prove that scientifically...but I believe it's true)

There are a few other smaller details that change as you get to higher levels, but I want to leave *some* mystery in the game.

I hope you're enjoying the game. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Owen
03-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, nattylux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazure View Post
Agreed.
Good luck with the sale! I think that 2.99 is much more reasonable...pity that I already bought it. :P But it is a good game.
Well, I very much appreciate your support in buying the game at full price. Thank you!

Owen