★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Grandpa always was a little eccentric. A fantastic engineer, he was always buried in his work, always coming up with new ideas and inventions that as a child held you wide-eyed in awe.

Now, after many years, you return to the house that holds so many fond memories for you, with a promise from Grandpa to show you something truly amazing. You can't even begin to imagine what it could be!

It's a dark and stormy night as you arrive at Grisly Manor. The rain beats down hard, lightning flashes in the sky as the sound of thunder fills your ears. You already feel a little creeped out, but when you make your way inside, the house is curiously empty. Grandpa is nowhere to be found!

But his presence is everywhere.

Familiar objects have been re-engineered to create puzzles for you. Clues abound, and as each puzzle is solved, the solution to others present themselves. As well as new puzzles, of course.

Grandpa obviously spent a lot of time making sure that nobody could solve the myriad of puzzles strewn about the house. Nobody but you, his favorite grandchild...

Can you solve the mystery of Grisly Manor?

Features:
Beautiful hand-painted graphics that draw you into this mesmerizing adventure!
Lots of items to collect and puzzles to solve!
Original soundtrack and sound effects!
A journal that keeps track of all the symbols and clues that you encounter.
A dynamic map that shows all of the areas you have explored, as well as your current location.
A complete hint system built right into the game.
The Secret of Grisly Manor has been translated into many languages.
Available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad!

goiMot's comments:

10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I want this. I really like their previous games.

10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Please let this hit the US app store soon

iPod Touch 4G 32GB
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Awesome!

The game is set to go live tomorrow in the US. I was going to make the official post then - but you guys beat me to it!

Wow! I am so excited! I will have to remove the "coming soon!" from my website...

Joe
http://www.firemaplegames.com
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
How long does it take to complete the game? 50 locations seems a fair bit but it all depends on the complexity of the puzzles so would be nice to know before I consider buying this.
10-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I want this. I really like their previous games.
I'm interested in this for the same reason, but cautious due to this being such a drastic departure from their previous 2 games both in style and content. A lite version would hit the spot. Or a video at the very least, showing actual gameplay.
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
@Dense: I would say that it will take you about an hour to complete. When I was testing it, that was about the average time. I would say that the game is definitely on the easier side, with a few tricky puzzles thrown in. However, I have been playing these types of games since the Infocom text adventures when I was a kid, so my opinion might be a little skewed!

I personally LOVE these types of adventure games, hopefully more and more people will keep making them!
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Congrats on the release, It looks great!
I would like to know if an iPad version is coming out soon? or do u have plans to make this one Universal?
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
@Gabrien: Thanks! And yes, I totally understand. I am actually about to start work on Danger Cats! 2, but before I did, I wanted something I could really sink my teeth into!

A video is a little tough to make without giving anything away. I need to think about the best way to approach that.

Hopefully I will have some promo codes left over that I can hand out. Sales would be nice of course, but I really just want people to play the game!

@goiMot: Both the iPad and the iPhone4 came out after I was more than halfway finished the graphics. It would look sooooo sweet on the iPad - but I will need to redo all the graphics. Hopefully I can sell enough to justify it!

In the future all of my games will be made for the iPad and iPhone4 from the get-go!

And I'm sure Apple will come out with yet another display by then!

Joe

Last edited by firemaplegames; 10-11-2010 at 06:21 AM.
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
The graphics are amazing! I'll be waiting for this one to hit the US app store

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!