★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dexter: the Video Game

10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Dexter: the Video Game

Who would have thought? I didn't, or did I? Having a hand in the development (little help plus I didn't work on the iPhone version), I've been waiting for it to finally get announced.

Check out the full announcement at Kotaku!
http://kotaku.com/5066870/first-scre...the-video-game

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
10-22-2008, 12:50 AM
This is my favorite type of game, hands down. The only other game like it seems to be 1112, which the developer has been a bit evasive about when we can expect it. Can you please give us a ball park figure for an estimated release date?
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
nice! Is this going to be a zork style game? I love Dexter the show.
though the new season is getting a little mushy for my taste
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
10-23-2008, 12:15 AM
There is really two elements to the game. One is similar to Tex Murphy, while the other is similar to Manhunt (Which was coined by one of the users).

The main focus is Interaction. Instead of creating a generic fighter. We wanted to focus mainly on Investigation. For the iPhone, I thought that would be a great idea, since the current Seek & Find games are just random objects and no logic or realism.

I can't discuss much, nor can I take a guess at a release date. I'm not exactly in direct contact with the iPhone team anyways.

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
10-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadjisan View Post
There is really two elements to the game. One is similar to Tex Murphy, while the other is similar to Manhunt (Which was coined by one of the users).

The main focus is Interaction. Instead of creating a generic fighter. We wanted to focus mainly on Investigation. For the iPhone, I thought that would be a great idea, since the current Seek & Find games are just random objects and no logic or realism.

I can't discuss much, nor can I take a guess at a release date. I'm not exactly in direct contact with the iPhone team anyways.
I just thought a couple days ago that a Manhunt style game could be fun on the iPhone. Who wouldn't want a bunch of desperate and sadistic psychos in their pocket? I know I would

Seriously though, a game that played like Manhunt could easily have a lot of depth in the iPhone. I don't mean the violence, I mean the actual gameplay. We could use some "deep" games and I think that'd be a great way to do it.

BTW, Manhunt was the single most horrific gaming experience I've ever had and it was awesome.