★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DHG Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "This is a quirky and fun game to play that all of the family can enjoy, with its funny cartoonish graphics and crazy characters, Im sure you will have a blast abducting cows."
-Wirebot.com

It's crazy! It's whacky! It's sexy! (Well, maybe not sexy) It's Cowtopia, baby!

Abduct cows before they get grinded into juicy burgers! Guide these whacky moos into your teleport beams by tracing paths with your fingers. Its finger tracin' good! The more cows you rack up in a beam, the more points you score! You'll be lovin' it! Careful not to collide cows or itll wake up grumpy old farmer Bud. Hell hop on his tractor and bump them out of your reach! Oh the bovinity! It's crazy! it's funky! It's cowtopia baby!

YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q13t8weFqDY
10-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Not sure what it's about, but graphics look nice.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I think I love it, downloading now!
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Game Impressions

This game is actually really fun and well thought out. You path cows to random yellow teleport zones, at which point they are scored (based on path length and cow type multiplier), then zapped into the nearby spaceship filled with hundreds of probing space aliens, one would assume. Afterwards, the patch turns blue and you can beam additional cows into the spaceship, for mongo bonus points and also to clear out extra cows.

You'll want to clear out cows, because any two cows that meet in the same square will fight. Fighting causes noise that can potentially wake up the farmer. He doesn't like being woken up and he's ornery, so he'll plow across the field at top speed in a random row. If you don't path all of the cows out of his way, the tractor will push a cow into the burger shop to meet an early demise, which ends the game.

There are whack-a-mole bonus levels that are triggered by tapping a silver mole that pops up infrequently. Moles also show up in the main game, which need to be whacked, unless you want your cows bouncing all over the place. Also, if you tap all of the C-O-W-T-O-P-I-A letters when they appear, all your cows will turn into golden, chocolate filled cows, which are worth more points.

The graphics are crisp and the animation is funny. From the start screen, you can opt to start from any level that you have previously reached. There is a secondary mode called 50 Cows, which seems to stream out cows at a higher rate. The game supports OpenFeint, although I'd like to see achievements added.

I've only played to level 15 or so and I already got my money's worth. I plan to play plenty more too. It can get really hectic and I like trying to manage all of the elements simultaneously. I'm not saying this is the next Flight Control or anything, but it is a polished effort that's well worth a purchase. You can tell when a developer really tries to make every part of their game excel and this seems to be one such developer. Recommended.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 10-12-2010 at 12:02 AM.
10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Wow, thanks for the head up DJ, even after watching the video I was a bit lost but you nicely filled in the many missing links!

I like how it has chaining, line drawing, shape filling, combos, and even whack-a-mole all in one game!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
This needs to be bought for the icon alone.

Invaders Must Die.
10-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello guys,

I'm from DHG Games. Thanks a lot to Flippy for the exhaustive walkthrough of the game.

We're glad to see you enjoy the game.

We are planning the content of the 1st update we'll do, so feel free to post them here or even better on our Facebook page at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowtopia/162680083749259?ref=ts

Thanks
10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou View Post
Hello guys,

I'm from DHG Games. Thanks a lot to Flippy for the exhaustive walkthrough of the game.

We're glad to see you enjoy the game.

We are planning the content of the 1st update we'll do, so feel free to post them here or even better on our Facebook page at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowtopia/162680083749259?ref=ts

Thanks
Welcome aboard!

This game just looks like good silly fun and if I have any major issues I'll be sure to notify you here or on the FB page.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Congratulations on being New & Noteworthy!

Invaders Must Die.