★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Moon'd is a new 3D Physics Puzzle Platformer for the iPad that allows you do exprience and explore a strange new world.

You take control of a cube who's lost it's way and is faced by daunting obstacles..

Roll | Jump | Solve | Collect
Rescue The Cow

"Moon'd looks like an interesting title -- if you enjoy the challenge of an inventive platformer, keep an eye on the App Store for it soon." - TUAW Preview

Features
* Full featured physics engine, roll balls, stack boxes, use weight sensitive buttons, move walls and avoid hazards!
* Unique style of 3d physics game play on the iPad
* Loads of unique levels a lot of time was spent brainstorming and hand crafting each level its really a blast to play.
* Super Kicking chiptune soundtrack and audio effects!
* Non-stop cow saving action!

12/2010 update notes I'm currently working on a entire overhaul of the game, gameplay and of course new levels.. a lot is remaining the same but there are to many changes to list..

I'll be posting video of the changes to my development blog sometime this weekend.. each level is being modeled in modo, animated backgrounds, new music ..etc my goal is to be finished with the update in the next 2 weeks or at least have most of it in the appstore by then

the current levels 1-9 are being relabeled "tutorial" levels and levels 10-13 are much larger and more on the scale of "worlds" .. because of the scale of the changes the game may renamed (but probably not as I hate to rename things :-p)

AnthonyL's comments:
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moond/id395986830?mt=8

Let me introduce you all to Moond my new 3D Physics Platformer for the iPad that has just been released to the AppStore!

In Moond you take control of a cube whos lost its way and is faced by daunting obstacles on your quest to rescue a stranded cow

ROLL | JUMP | SOLVE | COLLECT | SAVE THE COW

Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

Features
* Full featured physics engine, roll balls, stack boxes, use weight sensitive buttons, move walls and avoid hazards!
* Unique style of 3d physics game play on the iPad
* Loads of unique levels a lot of time was spent brainstorming and hand crafting each level its really a blast to play.
* Super Kicking chiptune soundtrack and audio effects!
* Non-stop cow saving action!

Planned Updates:
Ability to play as different avatars (eg: the cow)
More Levels and More Puzzles!
More Great Music!
More eye candy!

Additional Info
Moond Website: http://www.anthonylamantia.com/games/
TUAW Hands on preview at GDC Online: www.tuaw.com/2010/10/10/gdc-online-2010-moond-hands-on/

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moond/id395986830?mt=8
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Looks like it may be fun. Congrats on your release

10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Looks good, what are the controls?
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Right now the arrows you see on the screen shots, there will be a few new levels that will be accelerometer based

I'm actually working on a new level pack right now (that will be free btw) it should be ready to be sent out in a week or so hopefully ..

one of the reasons it takes so long is that we're composing individual songs for each level, which can be a pain but their fun to make and I hopefully make the game more interesting

since it's a first release i'd love to hear about what you would like to see in the next updates and I'll do my best to get them in

Last edited by AnthonyL; 10-11-2010 at 09:10 PM.
10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Are the arrows moveable? They look like they are half way up the screen.
10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
now at the moment when doing testing with some folks the placement in the middle was found to be the most comfortable with the ipad having them at the bottom resulted balancing issues for some, this is something I wouldn't mind make configurable in a update
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Looks really cool

Wow. this looks really cool and advance.

Congrats on your release.
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Congrats on the release, looks good.

Appinfo:

10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Just bought it. It's not a bad little game; it's almost like a kind of Edge-esque sort of game but with more and different physics-based puzzles and without so much reliance on timing, fast movements, or time limits, which is good. The pacing is more sedate, is what I'm trying to say, which I like. The visuals are kind of neo-retro in a sense, with simplistic polygons, which was kind of cool. The chiptunes feel a little anachronistic though. They're cute, they just don't quite feel like they belong in this world. If the visuals were done with flat polygons (Virus, Starglider, Mercenary, et al.) then it would fit a little better, sounding more like a 16-bit Atari ST title or something. I've only done a handful of levels so they're pretty simple so far, but they're imaginative at least, which is good.

That said, the physics of your block feel weird; you start a forward momentum before you even start rolling, almost like something is pushing it from behind and needs to get some friction going before it can start flipping over. I'm not sure if there was a technical reason for this or if the physics engine needs some tweaking but it doesn't feel right to me.

The overall presentation feels unfinished, too. No title screen, no instructions page, credits page, or anything of that sort, no end-of-level fanfare or effects of any kind, no transitions anywhere, and you have to tap twice on a level to start it without any indication that you should do this after tapping once. (i.e. no info panel pops up after selecting a level to tell you its name, description, or whatever; the square just turns blue.)

There's a lot of promise here, but it looks like it was rushed out the door with its pants half on. It doesn't just lack polish, it lacks almost everything beyond the absolute essentials required to play the game itself.

That's not to say that it's bad; for a buck this is actually pretty good, if just a tad wonky in the movement department as I mentioned. But I think with some effort to properly package it, box it, and tie a bow around it, it could be worth more.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
thanks for the feedback (it's what keeps indies going) , and for checking out a copy

> There's a lot of promise here
thanks

as for the movement, the reason for the forward motion is to assist in ball rolling and so your able to to move your cube around in the air after you've jumped

>But I think with some effort to properly package it, box it, and tie a bow around it, it could >be worth more.

I'm getting out the shoe polish and wrapping paper as we speak, I think you will be pleased with the direction I'll be taking the game