★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Simply Game
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.7 MB
  • Version: 3.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Roll a lot of "six"
Best selling Ludo game on iOS, over 5,000,000 worldwide downloads.

Ludo is a simple board game for two to four players. In the game, the players race their four tokens from start to finish according to dice rolls.

The game is originated from the traditional Indian game Pachisi. It has different variations all over the world with minor differences in rules. These includes Sorry!, Tock, Mensch ärgere dich niche. In this game we use the Chinese rule that introduced more randomness and fun. It also came with a plane theme and called Aeroplane Chess (or Flying Chess) in China.

Features
- Play against the computer AI
- Up to 4 players
- Intuitive touch control
- Nice sound effect
- Aeroplane theme
- 3 different Holiday themes

Follow us on twitter: @simplygame
Email us: simplygamesupport@gmail.com

simplygame's comments:

Description
Ludo is a simple board game for two to four players. In the game, the players race their four tokens from start to finish according to dice rolls.

The game is a simplification of the traditional Indian game Pachisi. It has different variations all over the world with minor differences in rules. These includes Sorry!, Tock, Mensch ärgere dich niche. In this game we use the Chinese rule that introduced more randomness and fun. It also came with a plane theme and called Aeroplane Chess (or Flying Chess) in China.

Features
- Play against the computer AI
- Up to 4 players after multiplayer mode unlocked
- Intuitive touch control
- Nice sound effect
- Aeroplane theme

Follow us on twitter: @simplygame
Email us: simplygamesupport@gmail.com
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Just released my second game. Have fun. Feedback appreciated.

10-12-2010, 10:16 AM
The look of the game can be improved. The sky behind the board is not looking good. Otherwise good game.
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback. What background image would you recommended? Something less realistic? Should I avoid the blue color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCat View Post
The look of the game can be improved. The sky behind the board is not looking good. Otherwise good game.
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
You might want to avoid blue and white because you have those same colors on the gameboard itself. There's no contrast and everything looks blended together. Maybe a more neutral or light earthy color for the background.
10-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Thank you very much. Very constructive suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
You might want to avoid blue and white because you have those same colors on the gameboard itself. There's no contrast and everything looks blended together. Maybe a more neutral or light earthy color for the background.
10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Some kind of Chinese theme - like a temple interior or something.

Wish this was on iPhone ...
10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
iPhone screen is a little bit too small for this, I am considering how to reduce the board size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
Some kind of Chinese theme - like a temple interior or something.

Wish this was on iPhone ...
10-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I experiment a little bit, actually it's not that bad. So the iPhone version will come soon.

Any idea which is better? A new iPhone only app or update the current one to a universal one. I don't see technical differences but would like to hear your opinions from business perspective.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygame View Post
iPhone screen is a little bit too small for this, I am considering how to reduce the board size.
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
It's now iPad/iPhone universal app. Please update and have fun. As usual, feedback highly appreciated.