★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Dev Story! Need Help?

10-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Game Dev Story! Need Help?

Ok I am lost in this game. I love it. I am year 3 or 5 and I am in the second building. But I am making crappy money. I only have license for two systems other then PC. I have 1.5k and I need to make a good game. will someone help me please.
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Death Angel I can help you with design and concept art.... and a story!!! I play a lot of RPG's so making a story I CAN DO!!!! And I have an architectural degree and know pretty much the mayority of drawing software!!!

Gameloft ID: Johnnycage25
Plus+: Johnnycage25
Zenonia 2 PvP: Johnny M
10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
He doesn't mean real life I don't think. There is a game called Game Dev Story. Here is the thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ght=game+story

Death Angel check there, someone might be able to help you there, Johnny CA maybe you would like to play it.
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCalifornia View Post
Death Angel I can help you with design and concept art.... and a story!!! I play a lot of RPG's so making a story I CAN DO!!!! And I have an architectural degree and know pretty much the mayority of drawing software!!!
That's pretty funny! Doesn't look like many people got it....
10-12-2010, 11:04 PM
can someone please help me with this question?

if i use in-house talent to keep creating soundtracks, stories, graphics, i notice they start saying "i have to do this again?!"

i am confused, do they become less effective because i use them over and over to develop games?
10-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to Outkast1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelchild View Post
can someone please help me with this question?

if i use in-house talent to keep creating soundtracks, stories, graphics, i notice they start saying "i have to do this again?!"

i am confused, do they become less effective because i use them over and over to develop games?
Ya I think so, but not completely sure either. I started hiring contractors to switch it up but I think the one's that cost 10k don't really do much of a better job than the in house people, even when they're tired of it. I've been using the in house ones almost all the time, trying to teach them new skills/level up and try to switch them around the jobs. I then hire the more expensive contractors when I have the money. But not really sure that is the right strategy because I've been getting pretty bad reviews almost every game lol.