★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Trainer Drop is a seriously addictive puzzle game for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Imagine Tetris, Columns or Dr. Mario... but instead of gems or blocks, you clear the screen of falling footwear!

The game features a brand new puzzle mechanic in which you arrange pairs of trainers (or sneakers, if you prefer) into shoeboxes. Line those up and theyll disappear - and the more you clear, the more points, multipliers and coins are thrown your way!

Get enough coins and youll be given a Collect power-up. Set it off and see more chain reactions than you can shake a mushroom cloud at! Other power-ups include the Silver Sneaker and the Golden Shoe, perfectly balanced additions that, well... youll find out.

Combining addictive gameplay with tight, intuitive controls, superb animation and pixel perfect presentation, Trainer Drop is an instant classic that you truly wont be able to stop playing!

Trainer Drop Features:
- Tight Controls
- Brand new puzzle game mechanic
- Game Center integration
- Online Leaderboards
- 12 Starting Difficulty Levels
- Unique Power-ups
- 10 different sneakers
- Addictive gameplay
- Awesome music

Tips:
- Try to avoid putting non-matching shoes on top of each other
- Multipliers are the best way to get a high score. Get them by creating Chain Reactions
- Diagonal lines, while harder to set up, are more likely to cause Chains
- Keep an eye on your Collect Meter
- Try starting with a higher shoe level - you will be rewarded
- If you get a Silver Sneaker, try and drop it as low as possible

If you think its addictive, please rate!

Crashlander's comments:

Just released in the app store. I guarantee it's addictive.

Would love to hear your feedback...
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
It looks like good fun!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 10-12-2010 at 05:41 PM.

10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Awesome thanks! - I just figured out how to do that and was going to post it.

Game Center: Crashlander
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh, and Game Center achievements are coming very soon.

10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Picked this up yesterday after reading loads of positive reviews on the uk app store and they were right this is a fun tetris type game very well implemented well worth a buck .
10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Okay, Howler or Crash, care to explain a few missing bits from the description?

-Can I drop a box on the matching shoes or must I drop the shoes on the matching box?

-Are the coins automatically collected or do I need to kick them with my current shoe/box?

-How are completed boxes collected? Do I need to connect them 3+ vertically, horizontally, or diagonally or does just creating a connected clump of same colored boxed clear them?

-Anything special happen if I clear 4+ boxes at once (i.e. more than absolutely necessary)?

My iTunes Reviews
10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
This looks pretty cool. More impressions. Video. This feels like it has my name on it.
10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Okay, Howler or Crash, care to explain a few missing bits from the description?
Be glad to!

Quote:
-Can I drop a box on the matching shoes or must I drop the shoes on the matching box?
You match two shoes vertically, and they turn into a shoebox. The shoebox matches the brand of sneaker, either Lightning (red) or Stripes (blue). That's step one.

Quote:
-Are the coins automatically collected or do I need to kick them with my current shoe/box?
The coins collect automatically. They kind of drop like Sonic the Hedgehog's rings and then fly up to the Collect meter. Each box drops 3 coins. They're not necessary to do well at the game, but get 150 and it activates the Collect meter, which is a big help.

Quote:
-How are completed boxes collected? Do I need to connect them 3+ vertically, horizontally, or diagonally or does just creating a connected clump of same colored boxed clear them?
You can match 3-in-a-row in any direction. They have to be the same color. This is step two.

Quote:
-Anything special happen if I clear 4+ boxes at once (i.e. more than absolutely necessary)?
Yup, you get on-screen prompts for things like clearing 4-in-a-row, 5-in-row, 6 boxes in one drop, etc. And you get big feedback if you create a chain reaction or two.

Wow. I promise it's not as complicated as I've made it sound. I think a gameplay video would really help, it's much more exciting than static screenshots. We have to put one together!

10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
@Crashlander
Okay, so I need to match the color of shoes correctly vertically (1 of 10), which in turn will transform into a colored box (1 of 2)?

My iTunes Reviews
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah - There's 8 different shoes, 4 of each brand. The other two shoes are power-ups.