★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

VOID - Space Action RPG

03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
VOID - Space Action RPG

Our independently developed iPhone game is almost out.



Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhURgVc7Vo

Website with lots more info:
http://void.beautifulpixel.com/

You can check out the old lite version here, we have made a ton of improvements though so expect an update very soon.
http://void.beautifulpixel.com/app_store/lite

Let me know what you guys think. We are stoked!
03-12-2009, 07:52 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
That looks amazing! Can't wait!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Buttons... virtual, but buttons nevertheless
03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Buttons... virtual, but buttons nevertheless
Well, it seems like the best way to implement the UI. The great thing about the iPhone is that you can invent your own controller layout.

I would love to hear alternatives to virtual buttons in the context of this game
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Great, I was pretty happy with the lite version and this looks even better.
03-13-2009, 07:30 AM
#6
How about making the buttons somewhat transparent. They look terrible the way they are, too bright and big, they take up too much of the screen when they are that bright. If you make them transparent, then it doesn't seem like as much of the screen is taken up. Other than that, I can't view the video because I am at work, but the screenshot looks like it's cool!
03-13-2009, 09:13 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarile3 View Post
How about making the buttons somewhat transparent. They look terrible the way they are, too bright and big, they take up too much of the screen when they are that bright. If you make them transparent, then it doesn't seem like as much of the screen is taken up. Other than that, I can't view the video because I am at work, but the screenshot looks like it's cool!
Not a bad idea really. I'll play around with in the next update.
03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
Is it out yet? Or are you updating the lite version?

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
03-14-2009, 12:23 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
Is it out yet? Or are you updating the lite version?
A new lite version will be out alongside the full game bringing them equal in terms of features bug fixes.

And it would have been out right now, however I've been bitten by Apple's inconsistent review process. More info info here for those who are interested in these things: http://beautifulpixel.com/2009/3/14/...t-now-you-cant
03-14-2009, 12:40 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegy View Post
A new lite version will be out alongside the full game bringing them equal in terms of features bug fixes.

And it would have been out right now, however I've been bitten by Apple's inconsistent review process. More info info here for those who are interested in these things: http://beautifulpixel.com/2009/3/14/...t-now-you-cant
That's too bad. I've been playing the lite version for a while and waiting for the full version. Still looking forward to it, and hopefully it comes out soon.