App description: The Quest - Lost Archipelagos is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, immersive and enchanting world full of exciting challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

This expansion has been designed for advanced players. If you are new to The Quest, we highly recommend you first try THE QUEST LITE (which is also free)!

The story: You have just returned from your long and weary quests, in need of a vacation. But as fear spreads through the land, Mersant sends for the best: you, to solve the mysterious happenings. Your enemy, however, has grown stronger during your absence. He has allied with a powerful magician, who is hell bent on destroying you. As an early fog sets in on your boat, your entire world changes; the waves grow higher and higher, until the whole boat is tossed upon a foreign shore. You are the sole survivor. The land is a savage place, a war always in the works, as the two enemy clans battle it out for control of the islands. You must defeat the enemy wizard, fight savage Lyches, defeat a powerful Phoenix Queen and rescue a warrior from the famed Flying Army. But brute force will not get you very far. In strange lands, strange things happen. And this is the strangest land of them all.

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Mithria harbor and talk to captain Hanty, then select "Lost Archipelagos" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 45 before trying to take on the challenges of this new expansion.

The Quest - Lost Archipelagos has been developed by CivilStriker and was adapted to iPhone by Redshift.
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you Cat and Elendil, you guys (and gal ) go above and beyond awesome!

10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Awesome - Thanks for this!
10-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Crap, I haven't even bought CCS yet.. >.<
10-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Got it.

Can't enable it in the main game yet though, is there supposed to be an update out soon?

~ Game Center ID: Amalah ~
~ Plus+ ID, OpenFeint ID: UnicornMoon ~
~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~
10-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Hooray!

Usually the update to the main game comes a while before release of the new one, but this is a pleasant surprise, even if it doesn't work yet. Can't wait!
10-13-2010, 07:34 PM
The update that enables it in the main game is out now.
10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Neither Cat nor Zarista Games has any part in bringing you this expansion : ) except to host a contest for new expansion makers and I answered just about every question re code the maker asked.

You'll see a guild in there that is a lot like Zarista's guilds but he's young and while we asked him to make it just a little bit different, he did it.

He copied a lot of my code but I gave him permission to do that.

If he didn't always understand my code, that's something he can learn and become better at. The maker is young and put a lot of effort into it. I didn't test it but there was one tester who passed it.

Keep a save file somewhere just in case you have a problem. In my opinion, having seen some of the problems it had, you play it at your own risk so it's very important that you keep an extra clean save file somewhere. I had to help with some fixes and thought many of the monsters were too hard and had other criticisms including that it might upset the balance of some of the games but as I said, if you play it at your own risk and keep an extra save file, that's a nice conservative approach. : ) Your save file is precious if you only have one.

He can learn from your feedback. : ) Maybe the big things got fixed.

Last edited by Catacomber; 10-13-2010 at 09:35 PM.
10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
This is very cool, and appreciated.
10-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Just keep a separate save file. It has its good points but I had to fix some things that were really bad glitches and didn't test the whole thing myself and it's meant to be played at your own risk. That was the understanding I had with Redshift fixing the glitches cause I only fixed the ones that were brought to my attention.

Lol I hope you enjoy it and have a good time but I don't want to be crucified if you have a problem cause it's not my fault. It shouldn't reflect on Zarista's games. It has to stand on its own as a young person's efforts.

I know we all want to endorse young people's efforts and keep our separate save files. : )

If you have any problems or joys, list them and he should learn and/or enjoy.

Last edited by Catacomber; 10-13-2010 at 10:26 PM.