★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: is lux dlx worth it?

View Poll Results: is lux dlx woth it?
yes 14 34.15%
no 17 41.46%
wait for an update 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll
03-12-2009, 09:24 PM
is lux dlx worth it?

is lux dlx worth it?
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
no. it's not.

don't buy it, just stick with lux free, it is so much better. The lag is what really kills the game.

03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
NO!...just play free
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to G0tsk1llz
Yes! (well, I got a promo code)

I like smiley faces
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't have the game, but they just did an update. I know the game has some terrible issues with lag and just poor gameplay. Wasn't the update supposed to improve the lag?

Btw, I play vConqr which is suits my needs and is cheaper. Also, the dev is planning an update soon.
03-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Btw, I play vConqr which is suits my needs and is cheaper. Also, the dev is planning an update soon.
I have both and I prefer the style of vConqr. But the AI of vConqr is so extremely weak, that you can use it for learning the rules only. The AI of Lux Dlx is very challenging and the huge amount of very different maps/scenarios is great, so I would recommend everyone to buy Lux Dlx. I think Lux Touch gets boring very fast, so you should not stick with the free version.
03-13-2009, 06:04 AM
or there seems to be a new kid on the block !

conquest

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307662507&mt=8
03-13-2009, 06:59 AM
I bought Lux DLX when it was on sale for $3.99. I enjoy the basics of the game, it's challenging and there's a ton of maps that you can download. There was a laggy gameplay problem, but that was fixed in the latest update, however, there's now game crippling bugs riddled within. Sometimes the GUI will incorrectly display your color and/or stats, sometimes you won't get the correct bonus troops applied. I don't know how this patch made it past testing, but I'm very unpleased with this game at the moment. I posted on the sillysoft forums with a screenshot and I got a response from a mod say "We plan on updating the game with new features and fixes". Doesn't sound genuine to me. The sale was a few weeks ago so I wouldn't expect a new one anytime soon.
03-13-2009, 07:21 AM
i played luch touch (free) for about 2 months and i had lots of fun with it.
then the developer started the news that they will release a deluxe version of it. i bought it when it was on sale.

for me its not worth the money, the most maps are so big and you have to scroll around all the time to have a good overview where to place your troops and where the enemies placed there troops.
most of the maps have so much spots that it takes sometimes very long to win a map or loose it after nearby 1 hour of playing and thinking you will win.

i play luch touch more than the dlx version. its more fun to play on that classic map.

i would not buy it again.

PS: i hope you understand what i mean. my english is not that good
03-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
There was a laggy gameplay problem, but that was fixed in the latest update, however, there's now game crippling bugs riddled within. Sometimes the GUI will incorrectly display your color and/or stats, sometimes you won't get the correct bonus troops applied.
But you have to add, that you are the only one so far who experienced these problems. Within the few games I played since the update, none of these showed up and I haven't seen anyone else on the forums reporting or even conforming your errors.