★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Reputation in need

10-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Reputation in need

Okay, this community has grown HUGE, and I believe that a reputation system would separate the men from the boys. I dont want to waste my time reading a comment from a spammer, I would rather read a genuine intelligent post.

Allowing us to +/- 1 to a post would be great, and the person will gain a rank or something.

Its been asked for before, and probably will be again...
10-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I second this proposal. I think it should be combined with my previous proposal: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=45211

I believe this will bring order, prosperity and wealth to this barren forums. With "Respect Points" (I took the liberty of naming it, no thanks are necessary) our forum could become a place thrumming with life, liberty, and the pursuit of hapiness.

10-13-2010, 10:04 PM
What about people who don't understand constructive criticism? I'm pretty quick to point out the things I don't like, and people will probably rate me down for it, totally ignoring the fact I'm actually attempting to give some valuable feedback with my criticism.

Then there's the Lounge... it'd probably have to be turned off alltogether in there. One word against Halo and your rank will plummet so drastically you'll get booted off the internet and your ISP will send you a court order for being a dick.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
What about people who don't understand constructive criticism? I'm pretty quick to point out the things I don't like, and people will probably rate me down for it, totally ignoring the fact I'm actually attempting to give some valuable feedback with my criticism.

Then there's the Lounge... it'd probably have to be turned off alltogether in there. One word against Halo and your rank will plummet so drastically you'll get booted off the internet and your ISP will send you a court order for being a dick.
Very true, +1 for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
10-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post

Whoa slow down big boy. Don't go flaming all over the place. This is a wonderful idea and your statements are way outta line! Sorry but, until you get some anger management, - rep.
10-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Whoa slow down big boy. Don't go flaming all over the place. This is a wonderful idea and your statements are way outta line! Sorry but, until you get some anger management, - rep.
Exactly.

Quote:
10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
Exactly.
+1 for agreeing with me, you are one intelligent, handsome, young fellow.
10-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
+1 for agreeing with me, you are one intelligent, handsome, young fellow.
Actually, I'm old, ugly and dumb. And I wasn't agreeing with you.

Quote:
10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
Actually, I'm old, ugly and dumb. And I wasn't agreeing with you.
- rep you worthless dumb!!!!!
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
-1 to everyone in the topic because I don't have a sense of humor.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ