★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SkylineBlade Update Coming...

03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
SkylineBlade Update Coming...

The update for SkylineBlade 1.1 was submitted earlier this week. This particular update has addressed the small usability issues people expressed here and in the first few reviews. The price of the game will go up to $1.99 when the update is released. After this update the roadmap for SkylineBlade goes something like this:

Better (more interactive?) tutorials to ease users into the controls, they are outside the box a little but I believe there's no better solution. Turning works like a track ball and altitude is controlled simply by touching the screen, the higher you touch (usually while turning simultaneously) the more lift is applied. Typically, a tap and slide every few moments yields full lift/yaw control. Anyway, version 1.2 will also include some polished up art assets. Additionally, in a recent review someone mentioned a free mode with no ammo, armor, or fuel restrictions and I liked that idea so there'll be a practice/free battle mode where you can battle the tanks without worrying about the actual test at hand.

As I had previously explained SkylineBlade isn't episodic, this game already has a beginning and an end which contains numerous hours of gameplay. The sole purpose of which is to master the Blade's abilities. That said I really want to add more content. I'm as anxious as anyone (if not more so) to put the Blade through some more complex environments and missions. In version 1.3 we'll debut the first mission/locale outside the training facility.

Basically, the plan is to add content and increase the price accordingly until the price/content ratio outgrows the market. When it's no longer viable to create content for the original we'll move on to a proper sequel. The way the iPhone market works means there should be plenty of time to update the game and still make a living while giving early adopters free content.

Thanks to everyone who's supported the game thus far!
03-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the update and providing a roadmap of the game. I'm very much enjoying SkylineBlade and have improved my use of the controls. Still working on targeting and shooting, but having fun doing it. I'll look forward to moving beyond the training facilities. I was hoping for a free mode where I can shoot my stress away so that'll be a nice addition.