★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Monster Feed HD - Action Tower Defense ¡ONE DAY SALE $0.99!

10-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Monster Feed HD - Action Tower Defense ¡SALE $0.99!

Like tower defense games? Check out Monster Feed!
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!

Last edited by daygodude; 10-23-2010 at 03:11 PM.
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
I love this game. Anyone sitting on the fence for this one, now's definitely the time to grab it. You won't be dissapointed.

10-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Great game. Guys pick it up if you like td games.
10-15-2010, 02:44 AM
+1 Agree!!
It's a very good TD game, polished and with the right amount of challenge. At this price grab it now!
10-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Despite the many TD I have I couldn't ignore the sale and after a quick try it seems a great pick. It plays differently just because there's quite more actions than usual TD and the graphics and sounds mood are a funny cool plus.
10-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I agree, I got this game a couple weeks ago- still play it. Great game! $1 is a steal!
10-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Bought it for this price...and really liking this TD version....the magic attack gives it a special twist to it.
10-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Tried this game and it was pretty nice!! I love TD style!!
10-16-2010, 04:26 AM
Do get this game!

I'm still playing this on-and-off until now!

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye
10-16-2010, 06:14 AM
The sale is over but the price is still very cheap and this is a HD version and it is for now an exclusivity for iPad. That's certainly the best action Tower Defense I have tried on par with Earth Defender but this one is much less TD than is Monster Feed HD plus ED is an iphone game. I only see Knight Defender HD to be a better action TD but when difficulty increase it's more action than TD, and Knight Defender HD is so special and is very abstract, so it probably won't please to every players when Monster Feed is much more sexy.

A spell system is added to the game and quite well developed:
  • The spells are well diversified,
  • you can upgrade to learn new spells,
  • you have to choose a hero that will determined the spells set you'll have to learn,
  • some damage spells will possibly damage your towers and you can repair them (not sure yet how repair work),
  • cast a spell isn't a basic tap target and hit because it's not auto targeting and you have to manage the spell movement speed to intercept and hit the monsters you want target,
  • there's a mana system with mana regen,
  • but also monster drops you can tap to refill some mana instantly.

They also add monster drops you tap to collect instantly (not sure if this is required to collect or if this is just to collect faster).

And they borrow some excellent and original features to The Creeps ie obstacles you can destroy to free a position for towers, and the ability to aim a target to make it a favorite target of towers.

For pure TD I'd suggest more some other with less action but if you want some change in TD genre or if you want simply an action TD then this ipad exclusivity is a perfect pick even at its standard cheap price.