★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Race to Witch Mountain - Free

03-13-2009, 08:15 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Race to Witch Mountain - Free

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307588467&mt=8

Any chance this game is good? Or will it be like a large majority of console games based on movies and be bad? At least it is free to find out.
03-13-2009, 08:17 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307588467&mt=8

Any chance this game is good? Or will it be like a large majority of console games based on movies and be bad? At least it is free to find out.
At lest theres no lost cause its free...... Might as well pick it up....... Whose going to go see the movie?

03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 145
it's not at all bad, quite fun actually

only two levels though

movie looks terrible from the little cutscenes they show you though
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
The downside of action heroes can be foretold once they start doing Disney movies. Look at Vin Diesel...poor Rock
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
#5
I saw the original 1970's (read the books first) movies and sequel as a little girl. The remake doesn't look too good.

I will try this game though.
03-13-2009, 09:11 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
The downside of action heroes can be foretold once they start doing Disney movies. Look at Vin Diesel...poor Rock
I was SOOO into Vin Diesel (in a non romantic way) years ago when he did that car movie but now..where is he? As for The Rock, he's making quite a lot of movies still so I wouldn't exactly say "poor Rock" hehe
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Let's hope the Rock gets back his action roots soon, although I'm sure Witch Mountain will do fine at the box office.
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Let's hope the Rock gets back his action roots soon, although I'm sure Witch Mountain will do fine at the box office.
I agree although I like his versatility. I used to have a store manager 10 years ago who would go around saying "Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?" He actually went to school with The Rock.
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
#9
Ok, this is IMHO, the best Free racing game in the app store. I am very surprised at how cool it is. You get a real sense of speed, the voices of Rock plus the little girl actually lend to a feeling of urgency for you to get the best time and the steering is good. I used the gas pedal and it worked fine for me. It is NOT a short game, the racing actually goes on for quite a while which surprised me.

It may not have the best graphics but darn it, this is a good racing game! In fact it's much better than the Free volkswagon game which had gorgeous graphics but the racing was not as fun. This leaves that Walker's Flavour game in the dust. Decimates it.

Sadly witch mountain only has two maps but I actually would consider buying the full game after researching it. DOWNLOAD IT!
03-13-2009, 10:56 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
it's not at all bad, quite fun actually

only two levels though

movie looks terrible from the little cutscenes they show you though
Ahh....... I probaly not gonna go see it......... I'm not into childish movies from Disney........ (thank God)