★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Forgotten (upcoming Appstore games that fell by the wayside)

10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The Forgotten (upcoming Appstore games that fell by the wayside)

Decided to make a thread detailing these games that at one point looked very promising, but then vanished.

Forgotten Games are defined as those with no news from the developer or news websites in over 2 months.

If any developer, game journalist, site editor or poster have good info as to the fate of these games, or want to add more, it would be much appreciated.

Click the game name to be linked to the biggest website writeup or thread on the game.

Legion of Amon

Kindred Spirits

Youtube link | Pop Up

World War Robot

Ferrari Golf 3D

Rally Sport Xtreme

Youtube link | Pop Up

Cardrenaline

Bouncing Ball Games 2d shooter

Youtube link | Pop Up

QuantumSquid WoW inspired RPG

Youtube link | Pop Up

Re-volt (FPS by IUGO, not Revolt the dual stick shooter)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Nikopol

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hardgore

Towers of War

Youtube link | Pop Up

Mimeoverse/ Mimeo and the Kleptopus King

Youtube link | Pop Up

Trident3D RPG adventure game

Youtube link | Pop Up

Reaper 2D
http://psp.ign.com/articles/110/1104780p1.html

Hexen 2

Youtube link | Pop Up

MUD Rally Championship

Ownage Studio racing game

G.O.M.P.

Super Feed Me

Youtube link | Pop Up

Kitty's Adventure

Youtube link | Pop Up

Zombieworld: Apocalypse

Youtube link | Pop Up

Wispin

Youtube link | Pop Up

"Project Unknown" - Dogtown Studios

Youtube link | Pop Up

Bioshock

Youtube link | Pop Up

K-Rally

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by arta; 10-23-2010 at 06:14 PM.
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Man, you actually made it! I never saw Bouncing Balls game, that looks insanely awesome. But you forgot Outspeed, Retro Racer Revival, and best of all High Strangeness.

EDIT: Hey, Bouncing Ball is on Twitter, @BBGNews, wanna try and ask him about the game on there?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

Last edited by doodlejumper; 10-15-2010 at 06:59 PM.

10-15-2010, 07:03 PM
I would wouldn't include Racing Apex or Race after 77 -- they're all too recent and, as far as I know, still on schedule. But yeah, there's a bunch of games in there I would love to hear more about.
10-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Man, you actually made it! I never saw Bouncing Balls game, that looks insanely awesome. But you forgot Outspeed, Retro Racer Revival, and best of all High Strangeness.

EDIT: Hey, Bouncing Ball is on Twitter, @BBGNews, wanna try and ask him about the game on there?
Alright, when I get a chance I'll ask him.

As for the other games, squarezero might have a point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would wouldn't include Racing Apex or Race after 77 -- they're all too recent and, as far as I know, still on schedule. But yeah, there's a bunch of games in there I would love to hear more about.
Okay, what would you say is a good cutoff point: 2 months? 3?
10-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Alright, when I get a chance I'll ask him.

As for the other games, squarezero might have a point:

Okay, what would you say is a good cutoff point: 2 months? 3?
Definitely 2.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Definitely 2.
Yeah, 2 months is a good guideline. But it's also about missed release dates, no word from dev in a while, etc.
10-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Alright, gonna go by the 2 month guideline, from when the dev last released info (whether through forums, twitter or official website coverage). Gonna go through the list again.
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
No Sword & Sworcery?
10-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Can anyone remember the name of that FPS that was supposed to come to the iPhone ages ago. I think it would have been one of the very first FPS games (if not THE first). All I can remember about it was that it had a dark grey/black colour scheme and I think it had a strange control method (maybe tap to aim/shoot).

edit - nevermind, I found it. "Re-Volt". The video is dated May 2008, so I think it's pretty safe to say that this game has been abandoned

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hakuna Matata

Last edited by LBG; 10-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
10-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I've taken off Racing Apex and Race after 1977, but they are on notice (to steal from Stephen Colbert). Added Re-vote and Nikopol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
No Sword & Sworcery?
While the devs aren't releasing new info they are going around showing off gameplay footage trying to build up hype. Hasn't reached 2 months of radio silence either. They are on notice though.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...7&postcount=29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy_Nathan View Post
Craig of Superbrothers just got back from showing the game at Fantastic Fest in Austin. There's some video's on youtube of gameplay - both from Craig's presentation and from him walking people through it.

Thanks for the "never release it" jokes. They are good motivation

I'll be in LA for IndieCade and will be showing it there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Can anyone remember the name of that FPS that was supposed to come to the iPhone ages ago. I think it would have been one of the very first FPS games (if not THE first). All I can remember about it was that it had a dark grey/black colour scheme and I think it had a strange control method (maybe tap to aim/shoot).

edit - nevermind, I found it. "Re-Volt". The video is dated May 2008, so I think it's pretty safe to say that this game has been abandoned

YouTube: video
Yeah, it's probably been abandoned, especially since that was back in the the days when people hadn't figured out FPS on iPhone yet. Hell, there's another Revolt game coming out ahead of it.

I asked IUGO on twitter and will put the game in the OP until word comes back on the game's status either way. Thanks by the way, that's a great find.

Last edited by arta; 10-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.