★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: conquest

03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
conquest

searched did not find it here

Any way another expensive Risk clone from the look of it only 5.99

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://i...307662507&mt=8

but new maps in the update !!!
.....is it just me who thinks for that price wait a bit and release the bloody thing with the maps already available !

But appart from that i have not tried it
03-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Too expensive

with only one screenshot and a promise to add more Maps, 5.99 is a lot of money for this Game!!!

03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
It would've been ideal to have additional maps included, but I'm sure the dev is working on it. I want this thread to focus on the game if/when someone tries it out, and I don't want to hear complaints about price or requests for price drops.
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Can understand your point about price moaning but it does strike me as ridiculous to take a "premium" price and merely write the next update will have loads.

At 99c with 1 map i would willingly try it, but not at this price - to be honest even if he does add new maps he is unlikely to put the price up

hmmmmmm........that sounded abit like a complaint about the price. well it wasn't meant to - merely i'm fed up with these half finished games that turn up and then promise the world in the next release.
03-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
Can understand your point about price moaning but it does strike me as ridiculous to take a "premium" price and merely write the next update will have loads.

At 99c with 1 map i would willingly try it, but not at this price - to be honest even if he does add new maps he is unlikely to put the price up

hmmmmmm........that sounded abit like a complaint about the price. well it wasn't meant to - merely i'm fed up with these half finished games that turn up and then promise the world in the next release.
Actually, I didn't mean you specifically. I don't see you as part of this price whining problem that seems to be prevalent more so lately. I just wanted to set some ground rules for this thread (and hopefully others will do the same on other threads) because I don't want to go through pages of people whining or asking about price drops (saw that on the Topple thread). But, I understand your perspective on the lack of maps which is a valid point and that's constructive feedback for the dev.
03-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I loooovee risk, but I hate overpriced apps.
03-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Conquest is a great game for the iPhone. I nabbed this a bit ago but can't remember the price now so not sure if it was lowered or I just don't care about app prices

This is the game of Risk and is very addictive and fun to play. Actually while posting this I checked the app store and seems an update has been made, and it takes away a fun 'glitch' I think even the AI used.

Hand in Cards was a button you had to use after getting 5 but after you tapped the button 5 times it was still there allowing you to get as many extra units as you wanted but once I update that'll be gone Not sure if I like that or not lol because the AI would only have 3 countries but still nab 15+ units each turn which can make for a very frustrating game of cheaters if you can't cheat yourself.

If at first you don't succeed... you have 2 more lives to get it right!
04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
i still know nothing about this but it has at least gone on sale

Conquest
Price: $3.99 (down from $5.99)

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I'd go with Lux DLX or VConqr instead.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
on sale for $3.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.