★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JMT Apps
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 2 (1)
App description: The ultimate war game is out! Prepare for battle!

Flames of destruction are raging everywhere. No lands, no cities, no oceans are spared. The Blue Freedom Army is fighting hard to roll back the Evil Red Army invasion. Your squad of rocket & torpedo launchers will have to triumph on seas at the Battle of the Atlantic, fight a guerrilla in the Dark Forest, use urban warfare techniques in New York City and stand up against a kamikaze-style attack by the enemy fiercest pilots.

DOWNLOAD now and bring victory home!
------------------------------------------

What they say about us:

The best game since Flight Control!!! Gadget Girl Accessories

Im not gonna let these Reds take my home- Rocket Frenzy addict

Angry Birds watch out, Rocket Frenzy is hot hot hot Fuknus Damitio

5 stars for this seriously cool and awesome timewaster!- iPhone user

What we say about ourselves:
The best thing invented since sliced bread!

DOWNLOAD now and show us some love too!

Features:
Hours of game play, lots of improvements to come
5 levels: easy (Battle of the Atlantic), medium (Black Forest), hard (New York City), tutorial (Rocket school) and you alone against the Red Army (Death Match)
Missiles and torpedoes
Controls work like the cult game Flight Control: tap & drag to show the missile trajectory, tap & your trucks wherever you want to avoid friendly fire
Lots of nasty enemies to shoot down: planes, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, tanks, submarines, etc.
Lots of friendlies to protect: planes, pharmacy trucks, cruisers, frigates, buildings, etc.
Hot music & sounds to put you in a real fighting mood

DOWNLOAD now and free the world from the Evil Red Army!
10-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Any bold enough to try this one? It looks fun, at least.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Any bold enough to try this one? It looks fun, at least.
I did... its literally flight control but you have to avoid the blues and hit the reds. I like it better than flight control because of the concept. You can attack boats with torpedoes and then tap to switch to missiles for aircraft. I mean it when I say it is very similar to flight control. Not bad in the polish department either.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Hmmm, thanks jsrco, I'm on the brink of pulling the trigger.

My iTunes Reviews
10-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Game Impressions

I grabbed it and am somewhat impressed.

While I like the general concept of various maps with unique gimmicks but all based on drawing lines for your missiles to take out baddies while carefully avoiding the good guys (as well as trying to ensure the baddies don't run into the good guys), it has a lot of rough edges.

Some of my bigger annoyances:

-Bad guys, even on the same level (like both ground or air), are able to freely pass through each other. This isn't a game breaker but it just feels kind of half assed when you see ships passing through each other. I think it would mean a lot more if enemies of different levels could freely pass through each other (even ships over subs), but on the same planes should need to either avoid each other or at least bump off one another.

-Stretches logic a bit that the baddies are trying to ram the good guys. I think them firing really slow missiles at the good guys when they have a clear shot would be so much more believable.

-Although there are 5 different maps that each play a bit differently, they all share a common highscore list. Since these maps all have such different difficulty levels it makes no sense for them to have a shared scoreboard.

So some neat ideas but it really needs a heavy coat of polish before I could really recommend it.

2.5/5

My iTunes Reviews