★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Atom Ball is an arcade game of marble skill. The Astronians have left a crumbling spaceship out in deep space. The Spaceship is heading towards a black hole and it's "bye bye Universe" if you can't remove the corroded antimatter capsules in time. Use Professor Crumb's trusty marble "Atom Ball" to clear 60 levels of fun and mayhem. Or else.

modemfish's comments:
Out Now.. take a look
10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
This looks like it might be good. It appears that each level occupies more than 1 screen and it scrolls horizontally? If so, how many screen widths is a typical level?

Does anything but the Atom Ball move?

Last edited by acrotran; 10-17-2010 at 10:46 AM.
10-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Looks good, any video?
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd like some video too!

Invaders Must Die.
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I decided to TOFTT because I'm a sucker for ball rollers. All I can say is, stay the HELL away from this, at least right now. I don't know if it's just broken on the iPhone 4 or everywhere, but the frame rate is like 3-4FPS. That's not even an exaggeration. It's quite unplayable. There's some strange twisting 3D organic tunnel or something animating in the background that seems to be sucking all the life out of the game. It's probably nice and all but it's mostly obscured by the level most of the time, and it's likely what's trashing the frame rate. (I'm guessing this was developed in an older version of Unity, which I seem to recall had this problem on Retina devices.) Furthermore the sound effects are terrible. Way, way too loud and abrupt, like they were just cut roughly out of a longer sample. The door opening sound when you collect all of the "corroded antimatter capsules" (the round things that look like buttons from a burberry sports blazer) is taken straight from the hydraulic platform sound effect in Quake. Also, some of the tile graphics are corrupted or just plain wrong.

It looks like it has promise and could be an entertaining little game if it weren't for the wretched frame rate and the incredibly annoying, overly loud sound effects. Pity. Maybe someone with a previous generation device can test and see if the problem is limited to Retina devices.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 10-17-2010 at 03:52 PM.
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Looks interesting, but graphics is really ugly!