★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I beat Rogue Touch...I must be the luckiest guy ever

03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I beat Rogue Touch...I must be the luckiest guy ever

I can't believe it, I made it out! I hear people go years without doing it!

Screenshots attached for proof, but beware of minor spoilers with names...I think I proved what the best one is lol (though it still was NOT easy)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0286.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1704  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0287.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0288.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1706  
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Damn! I have barely scratched the surface of this game. Congrats! What will you be moving onto next?

03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, yeah, but you cheated using the Aragorn character. Do it with just the normal starting kit, then we'll have a real achievement on our hands.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok now you have tasted vicotory --- now try it using a randomly generated character ---its gets hard when you start with nothing ----although I love using the premade charatcers becuase they really increase your chance of touching the amulet from 2- 5% XD

EDIT : I will have to try Link --- I never thought of that one! clever

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Congratz. Better that I would do
03-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
You should add these to the TA flickr group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/toucharcade/

Good effort!

blakespot

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Suddenly a challenge has arose and I feel like this game might be worth the $$?

Can anyone who appreciates the game explain what makes it so great?

Congrats on the win!
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Congratulations!! What an achievement and thank goodness we can take screenshots on our idevices!
03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
that name was actually not that huge an advantage unless you knew how to use it...the only real advantage it conferred (unless it made game conditions generally more favorable) was starting with two gain level potions...and the strategy is, wait til you start going up against orcs (or worse), til you're up against something you can't beat, and down them both...it's still very, very hard though! that unidentified opal ring was +5 of protection. I fully explored floors on the way down, but on the way up, once I realized that pit traps still sink you and the levels are how they initially were (i.e. the monsters get easier)...well, you know

also huge luck: the amulet was in the room I dropped into on the 26th floor. so was the staircase back to 25. I didn't explore the 26th whatsoever other than to kill the dragon guarding the amulet. but by that point I was relatively unstoppable; only once did Ineed to use a scroll of teleportation because of large numbers of monsters

also, it is official that the dungeon DID NOT contain enough food for me w/o that ring of slow digestion, by far, though I still found a lot of food (not treasure) coming up

does anyone know if a +0+0 warhammer is better than a +0+0 longsword?
03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Congrats writingsama! You definitely had some good luck on your side!

As pointed out, now you can begin the real challenge All of the secret characters bring some advantages to the table, whether minor or major Version 1.3 will bring a lot of interesting changes to the table... All your favorite characters will still be there, plus new ones, but all of them have a sort of "handicap" now based on how powerful they are. Just to level the playing field a bit!

I will start a new thread about 1.3 and fill everyone in on it.

Oh, yes a +0,+0 Warhammer is better than a +0,+0 longsword, just by a bit

Anyone on the fence or just scratching the surface of this game needs to be aware that a lot of interesting additions are coming. Even if you've beaten this once or twice with a secret character you haven't seen what's up our sleeve in the next couple of update releases!

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!