★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What game do you consider your hidden gem?

10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
What game do you consider your hidden gem?

I need some suggestions, I have some itunes cash to burn. First off, I own a crazy amount of games, so don't even waste your time with the Tier 1 games (Angry birds, GTA:CTW, Monster Dash, Cut the Rope, and so on), cuz I have it.

For example, one of my hidden gems was "Project 72," didn't get a lot of hype but was a blast because of it's twitch gaming style which I enjoy.

Therefore, throw some suggestions my way and include the reason why you liked it so much.

Go Broncos!
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,476
Doodle Army

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps

10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270Kp View Post
Doodle Army
Own it, but that is the type of suggestion I am looking for. Thanks!
10-17-2010, 05:39 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,088
Hoppy, for sure. But I think the developers removed it from the App Store

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: 加拿大
Posts: 1,239
Puzzle Prism
I'm not a tetris fan, but this game was quite fun.

Strongholds
Turn based card battle. If only they had online multiplayer; woulda made it a lot better.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMyTouch View Post
Hoppy, for sure. But I think the developers removed it from the App Store
I searched for hoppy and found "Get Hoppy" which gives different information on beer hops. LOL, bummer!
10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaIllusion View Post
Puzzle Prism
I'm not a tetris fan, but this game was quite fun.

Strongholds
Turn based card battle. If only they had online multiplayer; woulda made it a lot better.
Hadn't heard of Strongholds, thanks for the suggestion. I'm checking it out now
10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: pallet town
Posts: 242
I say this every time one of these threads pops up, SauceDigital's sports games

Touch Soccer 3d
Monkey Tennis

they have a bit of a learning curve but that's what makes them fun, you'll get better with practice
10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 3,013
Oddy Smog's Misadventure, Hoggy, or Doodle Army.

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videotape View Post
I say this every time one of these threads pops up, SauceDigital's sports games

Touch Soccer 3d
Monkey Tennis

they have a bit of a learning curve but that's what makes them fun, you'll get better with practice
They look fun, got em both, thanks homey

Gamecenter: DEATHLRD