★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Game Demo - Help make this game AWESOME!

03-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Game Demo - Help make this game AWESOME!

Hi All;

I'm working on my 4th game, and have just made a demo "work in progress" video of the game play.

I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think, and any ideas you might have to make this game crazy awesome.

There are currently 3 different game modes, and you can turn the blobs faces off if you find them too distracting.
03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
i honestly do not like the graphics. im not trying to cut your work down but it's not very appealing. although much better than I could do. the game would work well with 3d graphics, maybe making the blobs 3d would help. it's just too simple for me. maybe im the only one.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't have any ideas currently for improving the game to make it AWESOME! But I do like what I see in the demo video. I like the concept of the number of pieces growing by one as you progress through the game. Are there any plans for a limit it will increase to? Could you reach as much as say 15-20 or more? Will the speed increase as well?

Maybe never increasing the speed, but increasing the number of pieces needed will increase the difficulty? You could create two seperate modes. One where it increases the speed to a max level of pieces and one where the speed stays even but the number of pieces needed could go up with no end in sight.

Last edited by LordCrom; 03-13-2009 at 03:55 PM.
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
although I think you could have the blobs appear much neater. for example have all the blobs in a globe at the top and they dispense out of that, similar to a gumball machine. it would make it better than them just appearing.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree the graphics need to be revamped if you want good sales, but apart from that the idea seems solid, if a little un-original. Maybe add in some special blocks like jokers, bombs, combo, etc...
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
looks like a mix of tetris and match three. not my kind of thing at all, but will probably appeal to that audience. i would probably try to improve the graphics, as they don't really appeal to me.
03-13-2009, 04:02 PM
"The Trial" mode has the minimum length increasing every time you complete a line. In that mode I can get up to a minimum length of about 15. The speed stays relatively slow the whole time, and the game gets very strategic.

"Twisty Twenty" mode has the speed going from medium -> fast, and increases the minimum line length from 4 -> 6 overthe game. This mode ends when you reach 20 lines, and usually takes about 4 minutes to play. It is the fast action mode.

"Long Play" mode slowly increases speed, and thus slowly increases the line length. It is meant for practicing for the other two modes, and also for marathon games.
03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Shouldn't this be in the upcoming games section?

I'm glad you're showing us the development process. I look forward to your game.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
What is this match 3 - tetris - rolando.... Needs more explosions! jk

Just spend some time on the backgrounds, sounds, music, and polish it up. Gameplay looks fine.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I think the gameplay is great... seems like a cool original variation on tetris+color matching...