★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Black Mamba Racer update coming soon-ish

10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Black Mamba Racer update coming soon-ish

I wrote to Starbyte about Space Invasion (see that thread), but also asked about Black Mamba Racer. An update for Black Mamba Racer will be out "early next month at the latest" which will add WiFi play, bug fixes, revised graphics and a new track! Ooooh!

In addition I gave them a few suggestions for improvement and they said they'd consider them. I guess we'll see with regard to that, but the already planned stuff sounds great. I do wonder if "WiFi play" only means local, though. Hopefully it means internet play, but I have my doubts. Still, good stuff.
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I hope Black Mama Racer gets a new icon cause the current one is ugly.
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Wifi over the Internet would be awesome!
Like galcon
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
nice! this is one of my favorites at the moment.
10-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Did this update ever happen? I love this game, and wifi would be awesome, but I don't see that option.... Would be well overdue by now I imagine....
11-06-2008, 03:11 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
I just got an email from the developers saying that the update has been submitted to the store and should appear there soon. Here's what's in the update:

We've included WiFi, difficulty settings and various bug fixes.

We also included a bonus track for when the last mission is completed. And we included your idea of being able to select any number of racers on any track with any aggression setting - thank you for that idea! Unfortunately, if you've already completed the last mission, you'll need to re-do that last one again after the update to unlock all the bonus features