★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wode Mobile
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: New Game " Glorious Quest HD " -> FREE FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME
The most powerful enemy is your past.
So, look before you leap.
Your success absolutely depends on your path.
36 levels are waiting for you to challenge.

PS: Cleverness may overreach itself.

Web:
wodemobile.com

Follow us:
twitter.com/wodemobile
facebook.com/WodeMobileInc

wode_mobile's comments:
Now 50% OFF for a limited time. Hurry up!

$1.99 -> $0.99

10-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Shadow run is a tabletop role-playing game. Isn't it ?

10-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Arg got not that long ago the iphone version, not sure the iPad version was already released, sometimes I forget check.

Strange gameplay but some originality. I have yet to really play it more to understand the subtle points. On first levels it's perhaps too easy to trick the game, after to have chained them I paused the game and forgot played it more. Yeah that's an unfair comment!
10-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul100 View Post
Shadow run is a tabletop role-playing game. Isn't it ?
Actually, Shadow runner is an action puzzle game, also can be defined as a sport, parkour game.
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Strange gameplay but some originality. I have yet to really play it more to understand the subtle points. On first levels it's perhaps too easy to trick the game, after to have chained them I paused the game and forgot played it more.
Yeah, the gameplay is originality, I love it. But the controls sometimes make me confused, especialy when i want to jump the wall.
10-21-2010, 12:26 AM
This game looks alot like N+ to me...
10-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodmanSan View Post
This game looks alot like N+ to me...
The graphic style is similar, but the gameplay is totally different. Of course, both Shadow Runner and N+ are nice games. Hope you can try it and like it!
10-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Will do...thank you for the explanation....
10-21-2010, 12:55 PM
When the iPhone version was released I was interested because of the screenshots but I wasn't really sure what the game was about. Got the iPad app yesterday and I have to say it's really fun. The game can be really challenging on some levels, especially if you attempt to outsmart it by trying to plan ahead with your path and inadvertently surrounding yourself with shadows later on.

I haven't noticed any bugs, which is quite nice. However, there isn't any sort of tutorial level or loading screen to give first time players a clue of what to do. A simple single screen that says "Run until door is white, avoid shadows" would even do the job.
10-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I have seen video of N+ and there's no link with Shadow Runner, N+ is a hectic action platform game. Shadow Runner is much more a very special puzzle. The problem with the first puzzles (stopped at level 13), is that it's easy to trick the game. But I just pick it again to try more levels and well it's starting to be less easy so much more fun. I noticed there's also more elements, making it more action.

After have play few more levels, reach level 18, my feeling changed a lot,
it's much better than I though after my first play where I chained first level too easily. I think I'll get the HD version which seems offer a larger view of each level.

Here the new elements I noticed up yo level 18, in some levels a black cloud can appear and track you real time, if they cover you, your white door is closed a bit. There's yellow stars, if you move on it your white door open more, and black stars close a bit your white door. Also slopes start appear making more tricky moving through the level, and at level 18 appears place where you can fall and lost the level.