★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cat life is not the easiest one. Become the cat master and make decisions about pets` future. Cat Run is an action game with infinite gameplay and exceptionally intuitive control. Now, has finally arrived for the iPad!

Cat Run HD has completely new designed levels for bigger iPad screen resolution, new features like portals and changeable tunnels, and Split Screen Multiplayer.

Game Features:

* Infinite gameplay with 3 different modes that includes Split Screen Multiplayer.
* Run your cats on 6 diversified streets like Cat Alley, Mars or Atlantis.
* Learn how to control 6 types of cats. Each one with different size, temperament and speed.
* Get through 7 difficulty levels in Ultimate game mode. Each one puts ahead of you new challenges like oil spots leaking from cars, wandering skunks, increasing cat aggression or police cars.
* 13 achievements to gather.

More games from Demonual Studios:
* HERO PRINCESS HD - Become the princess in a mission to defend the castle from vikings invasion.
* PUT US TOGETHER HD - Puzzle game like no other. Generate levels endlessly and complete the riddle.

Visit us on www.demonual.com
Follow us on twitter.com/demonual
Become our friend on facebook.com/catrungame

LordGek's comments:
Cat Run moves to the BIG SCREEN!

While it looks like the same basic gameplay as the iPhone version, it looks like it is being done on all new levels (or at least some of those screenshots look like new maps).

10-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I liked the iPhone version and I may pick this up for the split screen play.

10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
They remove openfeint integration,shame on this..
11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for starting new thread! There was a flash in my head couple days ago to make Cat Run HD thread by myself, but hey... thanks again for positive energy here. I was late becuase we have been busy as hell last time. Our new game is coming very soon and we are preparing for creating free Cat Run addons, like mini-games etc for xmas. We also want to mess up with gameplay overall a little bit to make it even more enjoyable. Will see how it will turn up. Don`t want to promise anything before tests.

About OpenFeint. We have removed it becuase this was just too confusing to have both online score systems in game in our opinion. Honestly, it was tough decision but Cat Run lifecycle is quite fresh and new like for iphone game and we felt that this was a last chance to make such a change.
Good news for iPad version. Yesterday we have submitted update with GameCenter, so it`s up to Apple right now when the new iOS will be available. I guess pretty soon.

We have also launched full trailer for HD version, so here it is in all it`s glory with showcase of all six levels as well as glimpse of multiplayer mode.

Last edited by Demonual; 11-07-2010 at 02:49 PM.
11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Still haven't picked this up but the split screen looks interesting.
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Game Impressions

While I'm liking it on a whole, I find the Atlantis Map (or whatever it is called starting on 0:20 in the trailer) DAMN confusing since I have no easy way to tell which cats need to get to which end point and half the time seem to be bringing cats back to their start position I had assumed came from the other side.

Have you considered giving that cats a slight glowing aura or something color coded to the two end points so we can more easily see where a given cat needs to eventually get to? There is no way I'd be confused bringing back a red cat to the Green Zone and visa versa. Are there clues already in play I'm missing in this regard?

This being said I LOVE the new Red Light District!

Is Goblin Cart just an award, an obstacle, or new map?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
LordGek, yeap... we are aware of this problem in Atlantis. And yes, we got some kind of auras in work for this as well as for multiplayer level. This mode will get some fixes also.

Glad that you liked new Red Light District! What is your Ultimate Mode record?

Goblin Cart is some kind of easter egg/award because it`s just a new cool car, but with sparks that burns skunks and oil plams nearby. But it`s more easter egg though at the end. I can only tease that Goblin Cart is playing a main role in one of the mini games we are developing.
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Cat Run

Looks fun.
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
@Demonual: Are the achievements (in the iPhone version) unlockable in-game without accessing Game Center and without having a Game Center account?
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
@Touchgamer3g, Of course they are. Philosophy is quite simple. Game has two accounts, one is with Game Center and second is local. It`s up to player on which account he is playing. When your are offline so not logged into any online score service, you are generating achievements and stats on your local account only. Take notice that this both accounts are not bound.