Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
iPhone 4

Yeah my parents tell me not to play music through speakers (they don't like my style of music anyhow) at night.

I once used to play songs through the phone speakers placed near my pillow and that sounded like crap.

*Edit: why does Zodijackyl Light sound so good!?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Yeah my parents tell me not to play music through speakers (they don't like my style of music anyhow) at night.

I once used to play songs through the phone speakers placed near my pillow and that sounded like crap.

That's when you kick em in the teeth and tell them that you run the show. Then you ask them for more lunch money for the week. rofl. jk of course.

Yeah playing music through the phone/device speaker is garbage. hahaahah.

Because it is so good? That's my favourite song on that album, next to Hedon and Insanity's Crescendo.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM

@Balu` Listened to the song. While I am not familiar with "My Brightest Diamond", I am familiar with the work that Worden did with Sufjan Stevens, as I like him very much. She can sing great, as long as I don't have to look at her. I found myself increasingly disgusted with her vocals while watching her perform them. A difficult task, and while she is not ugly, she is distracting. I have spoken.

Anyways, the music itself was interesting as well. A very peculiar sound. I wasn't a huge fan, but I did enjoy the song. When she started to sing I was like "I recognize that voice from somewhere..." and a little wikipedia research shows that I have heard her before. Just didn't care to go into detail about who she was or anything lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
That's when you kick em in the teeth and tell them that you run the show. Then you ask them for more lunch money for the week. rofl. jk of course.

Yeah playing music through the phone/device speaker is garbage. hahaahah.

Because it is so good? That's my favourite song on that album, next to Hedon and Insanity's Crescendo.
Lol I tend to do the opposite . $$$ first, then tell them to get outta my room and watch boring drama TV shows XD XD XD.

The other two songs you mentioned didn't make any lasting impressions on me -_-;

Btw did you listen to Descending - New Death Celebrity?

@Balu
Recommend me some prog album with catchy melody/chorus/vocals/whatnot. I feel like some cleans today...
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:

At night I mostly listen to ambient/post-rock/neofolk or some acoustic stuff, sand I doubt many people would have a problem with those. :X

Quote:
@Balu` Listened to the song. While I am not familiar with "My Brightest Diamond", I am familiar with the work that Worden did with Sufjan Stevens, as I like him very much. She can sing great, as long as I don't have to look at her. I found myself increasingly disgusted with her vocals while watching her perform them. A difficult task, and while she is not ugly, she is distracting. I have spoken.

Anyways, the music itself was interesting as well. A very peculiar sound. I wasn't a huge fan, but I did enjoy the song. When she started to sing I was like "I recognize that voice from somewhere..." and a little wikipedia research shows that I have heard her before. Just didn't care to go into detail about who she was or anything lol.
The use of the word disgusted really surprised me, but we are different...
I do love this kind of sound, and I think I liked this song because here, this style feels.... natural. And that's rare.
Anyway, I found this song on a metal reviews blog (you can imagine how surprised I was :Đ), never heard of her before.

@gunxsword (other post): I'd post some, but I'll be sleeping in just a few minutes, and I'm already too tired to even write a half-decent English sentence. I'll make up for this tomroow, and believe me, I could post hundreds of songs like that. .x

Last edited by Balu`; 01-17-2012 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
At night I mostly listen to ambient/post-rock/neofolk or some acoustic stuff, sand I doubt many people would have a problem with those. :X
Wrong. It's a proven fact that of all music genres, people hate ambient, post-rock, neofolk, and other acoustic stuff the most. Everyone likes Britt-Pop. Let the record be known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
The use of the word disgusted really surprised me, but we are different...
I do love this kind of sound, and I think I liked this song because here, this style feels.... natural. And that's rare.
Anyway, I found this song on a metal reviews blog (you can imagine how surprised I was :Đ), never heard of her before.
More or less a joke, I wasn't disgusted with her vocal sound in any way shape or form... unless I am looking at her. I like my women who sing to be somewhat attractive, like this looker:

In all seriousness though, I would have been just as shocked to hear that suggested from a metal forum. People underestimate us metal-heads. Think that just cause we listen to metal, or it's many sub-genres, that we don't take kindly to other types of gorgeous music... well except for GxS, he doesn't listen to anything good except Melodic/Tech Death

Quote:
Btw did you listen to Descending - New Death Celebrity?
Listened to the first two songs, and downloading the entire album now. Pretty fantastic stuff if you ask me. Not the best, but I really do like it. Thanks for the suggestion

Listen to that "Within the Ruins" song?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Wrong. It's a proven fact that of all music genres, people hate ambient, post-rock, neofolk, and other acoustic stuff the most. Everyone likes Britt-Pop. Let the record be known.

In all seriousness though, I would have been just as shocked to hear that suggested from a metal forum. People underestimate us metal-heads. Think that just cause we listen to metal, or it's many sub-genres, that we don't take kindly to other types of gorgeous music... well except for GxS, he doesn't listen to anything good except Melodic/Tech Death

Listened to the first two songs, and downloading the entire album now. Pretty fantastic stuff if you ask me. Not the best, but I really do like it. Thanks for the suggestion

Listen to that "Within the Ruins" song?
LOL! Hell is unleashed upon Balu`! XD

@!$!#^???
Hey I like symphonic/folk as well! >.< I just don't enjoy anything that doesn't have fast/fancy/speedy/epic guitar/symphonic/drum/bass/instrument work. Guess technicality in music is a very important factor for me.

Definitely not the best, not after listening to DT... (even they're not the best...)

Yes and deleted. Instrumental songs from non-instrumental albums usually sound uninteresting for the most part... Nice initial riff but the rest sounds very... random.
The album is ok... 5 songs out of original 11 remains in my library. Those that remain are enjoyable though.
^
Love 'Behold the Harlot' chorus guitar riff.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
LOL! Hell is unleashed upon Balu`! XD

@!$!#^???
Hey I like symphonic/folk as well! >.< I just don't enjoy anything that doesn't have fast/fancy/speedy/epic guitar/symphonic/drum/bass/instrument work. Guess technicality in music is a very important factor for me.

Definitely not the best, not after listening to DT... (even they're not the best...)

Yes and deleted. Instrumental songs from non-instrumental albums usually sound uninteresting for the most part... Nice initial riff but the rest sounds very... random.
The album is ok... 5 songs out of original 11 remains in my library. Those that remain are enjoyable though.
^
Love 'Behold the Harlot' chorus guitar riff.
hahahaha I know I was totally being a smart-ass if you couldn't tell. Really going through some rough ass shit in my life atm, and I guess masking my extreme amounts of pain with humour is how I deal with it. >.<
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
hahahaha I know I was totally being a smart-ass if you couldn't tell. Really going through some rough ass shit in my life atm, and I guess masking my extreme amounts of pain with humour is how I deal with it. >.<
Ah what -_-'
That would've been a fairly entertaining fact to spread around...

You do sound like you're in a hell lotta trouble/pain/rough period of life... I deal with that stuff by ignoring them or resolving them asap... can almost say I'm outta stuff to worry about
*no not really +_+
Old 01-17-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Ah what -_-'
That would've been a fairly entertaining fact to spread around...

You do sound like you're in a hell lotta trouble/pain/rough period of life... I deal with that stuff by ignoring them or resolving them asap... can almost say I'm outta stuff to worry about
*no not really +_+
Get married, spend 5 years with her, have a handsome, smart, insanely clever child with her, and then end up having her want to abandon your family entirely and you just might be where I am at.

On the plus side of things, I don't have like... Aids or something.