★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: #########################################
12th Nov
Byte is What's Hot in 65 Countries!
#########################################

21th Oct
Byte is New & Noteworthy in 65 Countries!

Shoot your way through hauntingly beautiful cyberpunk environments in Byte now. Download this futuristic arcade style shooting adventure today to experience its many graphically immersive atmospheres and battle the multitude of challenging enemies that await you in this games altered reality.

The player has one central goal in Byte, to defeat all enemies that cross their path at every stage in order to move on to new and more challenging levels. The game supports six expansive and progressively more challenging levels. Each of the games levels sports a diverse and unique neo-punk environment, while an atmospheric electronic soundtrack made exclusively for Byte adds depth and added intensity to its overall gameplay experience.

Bytes controls are extremely intuitive, leaving users to focus maximum attention on defeating the games fourteen different and uniquely dangerous enemies. As the game progresses users are able to pick up various power ups to improve the power their characters laser cannons, an important feature when warring with any one of the games six progressively deadlier bosses.

Developed in the vein of classic futuristic shooters such as Star Fox and R-Type, Byte fully utilizes a three dimensional cyberpunk aesthetic both to create the neo-electronic worlds through which users play as well as the enemies and bosses the player encounters. The user is able to move freely through this beautifully rendered three-dimensional environment and left to rely on well timed and accurate shooting as well as sharp navigation to successfully destroy all enemies. So tilt your reality, throw on your head phones, power up your laser cannon, and jump into the cyberpunk world of Byte.

App Features:

3D Graphics
Intuitive Controls
Exclusive electronic soundtrack
6 progressively more difficult levels
14 unique and challenging enemies
6 progressively more challenging level bosses
8 unique player power-ups
Openfeint High-Score feature to track scores online

Byte is developed by BeeGames Inc.

f e a r l e s s's comments:
Try before you buy - Byte Virtual Reality Arcade Shooter - Lite

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice shots!

Invaders Must Die.

10-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Nice shots!
Agree! I'm waiting for them to post a video. Hopefully soon, as they promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
Agree! I'm waiting for them to post a video. Hopefully soon, as they promise.
Would be good my friend.

Invaders Must Die.
10-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Would be good my friend.
A Lite version would be even better. I bought another game last night after watching a non-hands-on video and deleted with much disappointment.

Quote:
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
A Lite version would be even better. I bought another game last night after watching a non-hands-on video and deleted with much disappointment.
Protip: Games with Openfeint almost always suck/can only be played for 2 minutes.
10-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
Protip: Games with Openfeint almost always suck/can only be played for 2 minutes.
Not true... geoDefense, Psychoban, Charmed, Elasticr, Skullpogo, etc etc etc Spent countless hours playing them... Thanks for your opinion, though. Give you some credit, you did say "almost always".

Quote:

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 10-19-2010 at 08:26 PM.
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Not true... geoDefense, Psychoban, Charmed, Elasticr, Skullpogo, etc etc etc Spent countless hours playing them... Thanks for your opinion, though. .
Okay geoDefense rocks so I'll give that to you. But all those others I've played and deleted. Just imo though.
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
this game loooooooooooks swwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeett

it looks just like REZ!!! i might TOFTT this.... only 2 bux it looks gorgeous!

screw it dl now!!!

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 10-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
ok....so played first few sectors

It looks like rez type of graphics, but its a type of tunnel shooter...its very pretty.... uses the unity engine

you move a blue diamond around with a virtual stick and it follows a crosshair in front of it and you fire with a virtual button... there is combos like if you kill the same enemy it keeps the combo going but if you kill other enemy types it breaks the combo chain

the music is bad ass techno music... sound effects there doesnt seem to be too much just some beeps and other things i think that could be improved a bit...

you get power ups as you kill guys..it does look like your ship does evolve also so your not always the diamond im assuming....

its pretty fun for the most part so far...

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 10-19-2010 at 09:26 PM.