★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "... a worthy download for any fan of interactive fiction" - TouchArcade.com
"... has a very epic feeling to it ... You find yourself completely immersed. 4/5" - Appolicious.com

Launched in:
Top 50 (RPG) in USA, UK and Germany!
Top 100 (RPG) in 7 countries!

Experience a world of danger in a thrilling sci-fi universe. YOU are the protagonist in this blistering page-turner.

Star Breed is an intense Action Gamebook featuring :

- A mature, fast-paced story set in an original sci-fi universe
- Seamless, real-time mini-games for enemy battles and computer terminal hacks
- Compelling, choice driven fiction - YOU direct the story
- Characters that converse with you and even join you on your adventure
- Intense atmosphere: Dynamic musical score and full page, color illustrations
- Intuitive gameplay; You dont have to have played a gamebook before! Both book lovers and gamers will love Star Breed - it's like being the hero in your own blockbuster novel.

Play as a technology officer in the United Dominions Armed Forces. When a human survey ship operating in fringe space goes silent while exploring an uninhabited planet, the resulting developments are far-reaching and threaten to alter the course of human history forever. You are at the forefront of the horrific turn of events that follow. Will you survive? Will the choices you make save humanity or destroy it?

Enjoyed playing Star Breed? Please rate it, write a review and tell your friends!
See room for improvement? Talk to us directly at contact@agnistudios.com.

sureshvs's comments:

Introductory launch price: $2.99 - for a limited period only

"... a worthy download for any fan of interactive fiction" - TouchArcade.com
Top 50 (RPG) in USA, UK and Germany!
Top 100 (RPG) in 7 countries!

Experience a world of danger in a thrilling sci-fi universe. YOU are the protagonist in this blistering page-turner.

Star Breed is an intense Action Gamebook featuring :

- A mature, fast-paced story set in an original sci-fi universe
- Seamless, real-time mini-games for enemy battles and computer terminal hacks
- Compelling, choice driven fiction - YOU direct the story
- Characters that converse with you and even join you on your adventure
- Intense atmosphere: Dynamic musical score and full page, color illustrations
- Intuitive gameplay; You don’t have to have played a gamebook before! Both book lovers and gamers will love Starbreed - it's like being the hero in your own blockbuster novel.

Play as a technology officer in the United Dominion’s Armed Forces. When a human survey ship operating in fringe space goes silent while exploring an uninhabited planet, the resulting developments are far-reaching and threaten to alter the course of human history forever. You are at the forefront of the horrific turn of events that follow. Will you survive? Will the choices you make save humanity… or destroy it?

Trailer

10-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Is it playable on iPad?

10-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Been waiting for this, and for a good sci-fi gamebook to come out on the app store. Bought, I will be back with impressions later.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Glad it's out, Ive been waiting for this one.

Very first impressions : nice introduction, story seems interesting, loved the fact that you can choose your name.

However, I positively hate the font used for the text and i really want to be able to choose its size. It's set by default on a really big size and is very annoying to read.

I'll post more when I get to the minigames and deeper into the story.
10-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Sureshvs, congratulation with release
10-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Is it playable on iPad?
Currently, it should work in 2x mode for the iPad using the iPhone compatibility mode. And, we're using all native UI Fonts, so the in-game text should be crisp. Still, we'll be updating it soon to a universal build, along with Retina Display support. Also, check your PM

I Won't Fall - an adorable new 2D platformer for iPhone and iPad

Co-Founder, Agni Studios (Facebook, Twitter)
10-20-2010, 04:15 AM
@medianotzu: looking forward to hearing your impressions!

@thevagrant: glad you like the intro and player name bit. That was something we spent a lot of time on, to make sure that even something dull like entering your name is tightly integrated into the story.

Regarding the font, we actually had a lot of discussions during design about that. Later, after our tests, we found this font size to be most suitable for all age groups. However, if it's something that's annoying you that much, then it's definitely something for us to look into! We'll add this option in the next update.

@Andrey: Thanks for the wishes!

I Won't Fall - an adorable new 2D platformer for iPhone and iPad

Co-Founder, Agni Studios (Facebook, Twitter)
10-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Awaiting impressions

Looking forward to giving it a go !

Best of luck !
10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Purchased! I'll post impressions tonight.
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
If someone plays this on an iPad, please post how it looks.