★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iGoBeat
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 76.8 MB
  • Version: 2.2.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: -----------------------
Beatmaps download link:
http://www.igobeat.com/iGo1_BeatMaps.htm
-----------------------

-----------------------
iGoBeat 2.1
-----------------------
1. Advanced ranking system with medal. Challenge different songs to earn and collect different your medal.
2. New surface and GUI. The game now just look cooler than before!
3.New game themes added. You can beautify your game with much wider choices.
4. My favor document. We enhance the song management function and now you can create your folder to sort your songs
Playing adjustment
5. Holding taps adjustment. In this version you can see how long the holding notes will last.
6. Note showing hints. The game will display the position of coming note as early hint when you start the game or continue to play from pausing.
7. Additional game pace adjustment function. The game now allow player to adjust the timing of note showing based on BPM.
8. Other small bugs fixed.
9. Dual language support. Now you can choose either Chinese or English to display the game.

-----------------------
About iGoBeat
-----------------------
iGoBeat is a fantastic new generation music game for iPad/iPhone. It allows the players to simulate the performance of pop music by tapping, swiping and holding your fingers on the touch screen. And, this game is FREE!!

Before you download this game: The game itself does NOT provide any original music. In order to play iGoBeat, please synchronize the music you have into your iPad from your iTune library, and you need at least one song, which is in the music list of the current version of iGoBeat, in your iPod library. If you don't have any of these songs, please refer to the link in the game of iTunes Store for previewing or buying the music. If you already have some or all of the songs, please name these songs and their singers correctly based on our music list, then iGoBeat can automatically search the corresponding songs for you. Please make sure that the name of the songs as well as the singers are consistent with the official information from iTunes.

The game includes tutorial, easy, normal and hard modes. Just follow the steps and we believe you will find the spirit of the game in the hard mode.

We have spent a lot of time and effort making this game, however, it is still far from perfect. Our team will keep working on it and more features will be available in the near future. You can also send us the itune links for songs which are not included in iGoBeat and you would like to play. We will try our best to fulfill your requests. Dont forget to give it a good rate if you like this game and any advice and comments will be appreciated. Thank you for playing iGoBeat!!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

10-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Reaaly cool and impressive!!

10-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
iGoBeat is a fantastic new generation music game for iPad/iPhone.
Quote:
iGoBeat HD
by Flying Fish Game Studio
iPad Only
So which is it?
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benegesserit View Post
So which is it?
Maybe an iphone version is coming soon too?
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I was really excited until I realized that it ONLY works with the pre-listed songs. For some reason I thought it would analyze songs on the fly. It's a great concept, but I hope it goes the way of Tap Tap Revenge and is able to secure licensing deals to include the music. I feel no need to own Sweet Home Alabame, no matter how awesome this app looks.

Edit: if apple ever offers anything like zune pass (as the rumors report they may every so often) then this could really be amazing.

Ipod Touch 2g 16gb / iPad 16gb WiFi
Top 3 ATM: Archetype, Arena9, Inotia 2
GameCenter / OpenFeint / Plus+: pope22

Last edited by pope22; 10-20-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Thought
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope22 View Post
I was really excited until I realized that it ONLY works with the pre-listed songs. For some reason I thought it would analyze songs on the fly. It's a great concept, but I hope it goes the way of Tap Tap Revenge and is able to secure licensing deals to include the music. I feel no need to own Sweet Home Alabame, no matter how awesome this app looks.
Well a note editor along with song analyzation would be nice, but not analyzation alone. If it was anything like Beat Rider (when it was available) the notes were not charted very well and it's very discouraging to not have the buttons keynoted.

If the buttons are not keynoted when you buy/download the required tune(s) for this app then I would say it's another solid pass.

A rhythm game w/o keysounded notes is not like a car w/o nice rims, it's like a car w/o seats. It works, and you can find a way to ride it, but you're not going to like it and you'll know right away something very important is missing.
10-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Awesome name btw.

You make a good point. What I was trying to say was that if I have to pop 1.29 for each song just to play at all, the game is far from free (even though the dev doesn't benefit). Iunderstand why try had todo it the way they did, who wants to get sued right? But Tap Tap was a hit because it got you hooked on the free content included, and then offered multipacks for the price of a single iTunes track. Maybe I shouldn't compare all other iOS rhythm games to Tap Tap revenge, I dunno.

Ipod Touch 2g 16gb / iPad 16gb WiFi
Top 3 ATM: Archetype, Arena9, Inotia 2
GameCenter / OpenFeint / Plus+: pope22
10-21-2010, 08:31 AM
A Ju-Beat clone? Already?

Jeez. The iDevices port isn't even out yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Send a message via MSN to glooby Send a message via Skype™ to glooby
Update version is out . if you like rhythm games. why don't you give it a try?

In fact. you don't have to buy all the songs from itunes. you can play the songs you already have and try to link the song by yourself in the game.

Last edited by glooby; 11-25-2010 at 11:28 AM.