★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Premium version without Ads!
Blimp HD is original action platformer where you take role as war veteran Zed Pelin blimp pilot on a planet Solbot. Working for local merchant company you wanted to finally find peace. Unfortunately the planet was attacked by malevolent aliens. Your blimp is armed with bombs and youre fighting for freedom once again

After a year from the release of the original Blimp The Flying Adventures for iPhone/iPod touch now comes Blimp HD for the iPad! With many graphics enhancements (new explosions, all new enemies, backgrounds) and most wanted second control scheme and 3 difficulties! Critically acclaimed, loved by fans enjoy Blimp HD in gorgeous iPad resolution.

The game contains 20 beautiful, hand-drawn, levels scattered around dark forests, mines, red rocks and snowy mountains. This, together with an original soundtrack and blimps innovative flight mechanics, create an experience like no other.

The gameplay includes transporting passengers and goods, placing bombs, protecting valuable targets and, of course, decimating the enemy forces using the blimps airstrike attack.

beautiful HD hand-painted graphics
two control schemes
three difficulties
high quality particle effects (fires, steams, explosions, radiations etc.)
20 action packed levels with comprehensive story
4 different locations (dark forest, mines, snow mountains, red rocks)
deceitful enemies incl. tanks, gun nests, blimps, bunkers
comic style briefs before each mission
original soundtrack

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Those Kiwis are sooooo lucky! Not only do they get all the games first, but they ALSO get to live in New Zealand.

Life is so unfair...

10-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Anyone tried this?
10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Downloading now...

I love the iPhone version so this was an insta-buy for me.
10-21-2010, 02:29 AM
i wonder why every time a features of iphone got remove,2 time today that i do not find openfeint on the game and for me it's a steal!write clear that you do not support it like the iphone version and tell me why!!!!!!!!!!!
10-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Grabbed this as soon as it was available, and love the graphics, storyline & gameplay, like the music, wish there were more sound effects (sounds for bomb release and burner usage would be cool), and hate the control placement.

The controls themselves are fine, both slider and tilt, but I simply can't play for more without few minutes without discomfort. My thumbs will also keep moving up the screen on their own accord as I play, and before I know it i'm dropping bombs instead of tilting or using the burner. Please o please add an option to customize the control placement and I'll be your slave forever.

Almost a 4/5 for me right now, and with higher button placement it would be an easy 5/5.
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Loved the iPhone version, but the controls seems "looser", I'm banging into way way too much stuff using the slider mode. Switched to tilting and that's better, but still not as easy to control as the old version. Maybe the boost button is more sensitive/powerful?

Graphics are lovely, interface is great, but just need a few more control tweeks to make it a 5/5.
10-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Hey,

we'll add controls positioning in update. We tried arrow controls instead of slider but blimp lost it's smooth movements. We also tried d-pad controls.

What type of controls do you like?
10-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Mmm seems cool and like the idea remind me how Po'ed was fun but it was more subtle because you couldn't fly constantly. Well not the same type of game anyway.

I should check iphone thread for more feedback.
04-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Now FREE