Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
iPad

Default More Brain Exercise with Dr. Kawashima HD - by Namco [$6.99 -> $1.99]

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 10-21-2010 at 03:46 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

The first one of these wasn't available for the iPad, was it? I just checked the App store, and it was only shown for iPhone...
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 PM
iPad

$6.99 -> $1.99
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Anyone have any impressions of this one?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing... Has anyone tried this one? Just want to know if it's worth the money?? If not, could someone suggest a similar app.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:39 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing... Has anyone tried this one? Just want to know if it's worth the money?? If not, could someone suggest a similar app.
Would like to hear it too before i try this.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by porotonis View Post
Would like to hear it too before i try this.
Decided to get this if only to offer an opinion:

I've bought a fair few of these types of games in the past, having owned a ds I got used to their flavour as it were. So far it feels very familiar yet somewhat a little less special. If you're used to the ds games, you'll feel a bit alienated by the lack of communication. The ds games almost "spoke" to you and gave a feeling of interaction. This does not, you simply play the games and unlock new ones and get a tick or score...

... Might not sound like much, and to be fair it isn't, but it's a noticeable difference to me. I think there are 16 games in total, and the ones I've tried feel fresh enough and suitably engaging to maintain interest to try again (which is the point)

There's really nothing remarkable here, nothing much to complain about or praise, it just does what it sets out to do. If you're after fun gaming, go get Modern Combat 2 : Black Pegasus, online there's little to surpass it on an idevice. If you're after casual brain stimulation and still haven't got a brain training game, this seems like a great choice. It's nowhere as varied as the gameloft games, but it's still functional, simple and easy... Well suited to casual gamers and thoughtful types. I've yet to play all the games, but i think it's safe to say the quality on offer is high.

Nice to see a global score upload option... That'll keep the more competitive players coming back.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:32 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
Personally, I prefer Brain Challenge HD by gameloft, theres much more content, the games are more varied and it just feels more in depth... It perhaps also feels more involving in the way the characters communicate with you. Gameloft is a mixed bag IMHO, they either reproduce copies of successful games which fall flat on their face, or they acknowledge what made these games successful and actually make a worthy rival game.

In this instance, Brain Challenge is very much a worthy rival purchase, and by no means second best. I'd recommend getting this one first if you're specifically after a brain training game.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:33 AM

Thanks very much for the impressions Smartbomb. I know what you mean about the DS versions... I don't think I'd like the iPad version if it lacked that feedback.