★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dr. Kawashima is back with a brand new assortment of exercises for your brain in More Brain Exercise HD. Supervised by Dr. Kawashima, the mastermind behind the original brain training game, these new mini games are scientifically proven to stimulate the brain!

Choose one of several different game modes which will provide a great workout to the temporal, parietal and frontal lobes of the brain:

Brain Training - A selection of three random mini games to train your brain each day.

Brain Age - So how old is your brain? Find out and compare the results to your actual age. If your brain age is less than your age, then you're in good shape!

Quick Play - Choose any of the unlocked mini games and practice before you begin the other game modes. Unlock more mini games by completing both Brain Training & Brain Age modes.

Challenge - Compete with your friends to see who has the sharpest mind of all! Challenge mode now allows multiple devices to connect to each other using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth!

Sudoku - A bonus game which can be unlocked! Choose one of three difficulty settings to match your skill level.

iPad Enhancements
High resolution graphics.
Supports both portrait and landscape orientations.

Intuitive Controls
Simply touch the correct answer or numerical sequence.
Be quick, taking too long to answer will lower your score and add years to your brain age!

Monitor Your Progress
Find out your average brain age and view the calendar to see if you got a gold star for the day.
Follow your temporal, parietal and frontal lobe scores each week so you know what part of the brain you need to work on.
Awards are given for each of the mini games. Are you "Universe" or "Cell?"
Earn achievements for your best workouts!

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing. We also recommend that you close the game before downloading the update.
10-20-2010, 11:19 AM
The first one of these wasn't available for the iPad, was it? I just checked the App store, and it was only shown for iPhone...

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!

10-28-2010, 08:32 PM
$6.99 -> $1.99
10-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Anyone have any impressions of this one?
10-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing... Has anyone tried this one? Just want to know if it's worth the money?? If not, could someone suggest a similar app.

Gamecenter: Harpua108
Plus+, Openfeint, Crystal: Harpua

Feel free to add me!
10-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing... Has anyone tried this one? Just want to know if it's worth the money?? If not, could someone suggest a similar app.
Would like to hear it too before i try this.
10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porotonis View Post
Would like to hear it too before i try this.
Decided to get this if only to offer an opinion:

I've bought a fair few of these types of games in the past, having owned a ds I got used to their flavour as it were. So far it feels very familiar yet somewhat a little less special. If you're used to the ds games, you'll feel a bit alienated by the lack of communication. The ds games almost "spoke" to you and gave a feeling of interaction. This does not, you simply play the games and unlock new ones and get a tick or score...

... Might not sound like much, and to be fair it isn't, but it's a noticeable difference to me. I think there are 16 games in total, and the ones I've tried feel fresh enough and suitably engaging to maintain interest to try again (which is the point)

There's really nothing remarkable here, nothing much to complain about or praise, it just does what it sets out to do. If you're after fun gaming, go get Modern Combat 2 : Black Pegasus, online there's little to surpass it on an idevice. If you're after casual brain stimulation and still haven't got a brain training game, this seems like a great choice. It's nowhere as varied as the gameloft games, but it's still functional, simple and easy... Well suited to casual gamers and thoughtful types. I've yet to play all the games, but i think it's safe to say the quality on offer is high.

Nice to see a global score upload option... That'll keep the more competitive players coming back.
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
Personally, I prefer Brain Challenge HD by gameloft, theres much more content, the games are more varied and it just feels more in depth... It perhaps also feels more involving in the way the characters communicate with you. Gameloft is a mixed bag IMHO, they either reproduce copies of successful games which fall flat on their face, or they acknowledge what made these games successful and actually make a worthy rival game.

In this instance, Brain Challenge is very much a worthy rival purchase, and by no means second best. I'd recommend getting this one first if you're specifically after a brain training game.
11-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks very much for the impressions Smartbomb. I know what you mean about the DS versions... I don't think I'd like the iPad version if it lacked that feedback.