★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battletaire

03-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Battletaire

Hi all,
I'm the developer of Battletaire, also called Battleship Solitaire which was reviewed here recently at TouchArcade. This app combines the game play of Sudoku and Battleship where your mission is to find the location of the 10 hidden ships using the numbers along the grid as guides.

You can purchase it here. A lite version is available here.

Watch a video that demonstrates game play.

Thanks in advance in giving us a try. We welcome any feedback you may have for future improvements. We have already updated the app once and a second update is on its way. Version 1.02 was requested by several users and will allow you to turn sounds and vibration off. It will also automatically fill any squares with water of empty rows and columns.

Let us know what you think! Positive feedback is always welcomed.

Thanks!
Peter
03-13-2009, 11:20 PM
So this is like Picross and Jabeh? That's awesome as I love those type of games. I will look into it. The idea of using battleships is really cool.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

03-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi coconutbowling,
Yes I believe so. Though I have never played either game but another user has compared it to Picross. You will have to give it a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
03-13-2009, 11:40 PM
I'll try the lite version and see how it goes.

Last edited by coconutbowling; 03-13-2009 at 11:48 PM.
03-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Looks interesting. ^ ^

I may be wrong, but I feel that the pieces are too revealing. If I find a ship's end piece, I instantly have a good idea of where the rest of the ship in that row or column is; most specifically what direction the rest is in.

Is this a game play feature that is required to solve some of the puzzles? If so, then that is okay, but if not, then it may make the game a little easier than it could be.

I'm really interested in trying it out, as it looks similar to my favorite game - Jabeh.

For now, I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully pick it up in a week or two.

Watchlist+1

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Looks interesting. ^ ^

I may be wrong, but I feel that the pieces are too revealing. If I find a ship's end piece, I instantly have a good idea of where the rest of the ship in that row or column is; most specifically what direction the rest is in.
It's just like the Battleship you played when you were younger...once you hit one part of the ship, you could assume where to go next. With Battletaire, it's probably even more obvious.
03-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Looks interesting. ^ ^

Is this a game play feature that is required to solve some of the puzzles? If so, then that is okay, but if not, then it may make the game a little easier than it could be.

I'm really interested in trying it out, as it looks similar to my favorite game - Jabeh. I'll keep an eye on it for now and hopefully pick it up in a week or two.

Watchlist+1
It's not as revealing as you think. you have to mark where you think where all the ships are, then hit fire. If you miss even one piece then you lose.

If you find an end piece then all you know is the direction and that the ship is at least 2 spaces long. The rest you need to figure out with the numbers on the sides of the board.

I found myself triple checking everything before I hit "Fire"
03-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
It's not as revealing as you think. you have to mark where you think where all the ships are, then hit fire. If you miss even one piece then you lose.

If you find an end piece then all you know is the direction and that the ship is at least 2 spaces long. The rest you need to figure out with the numbers on the sides of the board.

That makes much more sense, thank you. ^ ^

Looks very interesting, I think I'll like this one a lot.

@Big Albie - Thanks for your input also. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I assumed incorrectly so this helps immensely and makes the game more strategic.

@Donburns99: I almost set you down the wrong path...sorry.
03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I really like the lite version. Might pick up the full soon.