★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hundreds of airplanes are on their way to your airport! In Airport Mania: Non-Stop Flights, you'll face the challenge of coordinating an endless number of incoming flights for as long as you can.

You'll need to care for each plane, bringing them safely to the airport, sending them to a gate to drop-off and pick-up passengers, and scheduling the runway to ensure the planes make an on-time departure to maximize both customer satisfaction and your score! Upgrade your airport at anytime to make sure you are ready for every color and type of plane. It's frantic time-management action with an airport twist that you won't want to miss!

Julio Gorgé's comments:
We're proud to announce the release of Airport Mania: Non-Stop Flights on the App Store.

AM:NSF is the 'endless' standalone game based on Airport Mania: First Flight. It has world and Facebook friend leaderboards, plus two game modes —normal and expert. We're thrilled to see how many people join in and post their scores to the world leaderboards!

As usual, we'll be watching this thread for feedback, bug reports and general questions.
10-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeeeeah!

This is the mode I always wanted in Airport Mania: First Flight, so I have no problem that it gets its own stand alone game (this guarantees I don't have to bother with the modes I'm not interested in).

I won't get to see it first hand until tonight but if I understand it right, it is probably pretty much Airport Mania: First Flight but with no real goal or objective other than managing as many flights as you can before it all falls apart and post your score.

Actually, Julio, could you give us a better idea of the specific differences between this and the normal game?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Wait, what? I have Airport Mania - this isn't a DLC? I don't want two icons or to have to switch between games just because I feel like playing a different mode.

Ok, so I just saw LG's post and this looks stand alone. Now _I_ will have to make the opposite choice as him! Do I want a separate app for a game I will not play as much as the original!
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Stop doing the graphics an injustice and add retina support for this and First Flight.
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Wait, what? I have Airport Mania - this isn't a DLC? I don't want two icons or to have to switch between games just because I feel like playing a different mode.

Ok, so I just saw LG's post and this looks stand alone. Now _I_ will have to make the opposite choice as him! Do I want a separate app for a game I will not play as much as the original!
Score based Survival games are not everybody's cup of tea.

As I see it there are those who like the feeling of COMPLETING a game after some concentrated effort of a few days to a week and then there are those of us who love the concept of a game that one can just fire up at any time to play a few rounds to try and top their last personal best score before moving onto something else. While I'm not sure if this really hold true with others, but I see Endless Survival games having a longer life on my iDevice but, admittedly, not likely played as obsessively for hours on end in a row like many level based games.

My iTunes Reviews
10-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I need to finish Airport Mania 1 before I buy this. I was practically done with it then I lost my save file somehow.

Invaders Must Die.
10-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I need to finish Airport Mania 1 before I buy this. I was practically done with it then I lost my save file somehow.
But then again this might be a great way to practice for the main game!

My iTunes Reviews
10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Score based Survival games are not everybody's cup of tea.

As I see it there are those who like the feeling of COMPLETING a game after some concentrated effort of a few days to a week and then there are those of us who love the concept of a game that one can just fire up at any time to play a few rounds to try and top their last personal best score before moving onto something else. While I'm not sure if this really hold true with others, but I see Endless Survival games having a longer life on my iDevice but, admittedly, not likely played as obsessively for hours on end in a row like many level based games.
I do like endless modes, I just have to figure out if I want a whole new app for it is all. Admittedly I don't like it as much as the task oriented levels and what not but do like to throw it in there occasionally. The question becomes how often is occasionally for me and is it worth a new icon for it.
10-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Picking this up as like LG I prefer the survival mode type games
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I do like endless modes, I just have to figure out if I want a whole new app for it is all. Admittedly I don't like it as much as the task oriented levels and what not but do like to throw it in there occasionally. The question becomes how often is occasionally for me and is it worth a new icon for it.
Ahh, but is icon management even an issue since the arrival of iOS 4?

My iTunes Reviews