Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Really annoying? Well you get stuck on it but the game was fully playable without those swipe command. If on start they wasn't at all available, this would not have change your global feeling on the game.

That said what is done is done and you can't be considered the culprit of all this garbage, but do you realize how you have influenced the destiny of this iPad version? The flawed updates you indirectly generated, produced irritated reviews and bad rates, this influencing very negatively all sells and at end we won't gate Puzzle Quest 2 in HD version because of too low sells of first release and in a way because of you.
wow.....Are you one of the creators?
and thanks whoever for ruining the game and from looks like it, canceling PQ2.

Last edited by pka4916; 11-21-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Seriously? You are crediting an end-user for buggy software instead of the company porting it?

PQ2 is being ported by a different company, as I recall. It has already been announced for iOS (both iPhone and iPad were specifically and seperately indicated on the company's website) and it's coming eventually. Considering Transgaming had issues with PQ 1 for iPhone that literally didn't get fixed for over a year, and the HD version still has old low-res icons and graphics sprinkled here and there throughout, I am hoping that we DON'T get Puzzle Quest 2... from Transgaming.

And if you want to see how deep their commitment to the iOS platform is, try typing in "Transgaming" and see how much they've ported to the iOS. I'm sure they're nice people, but the iOS has not and likely never will be their priority. This domino effect of bugs is because they probably have one guy doing iOS stuff part time, and so this stuff gets through whatever sham of a process they have for quality assurance. This is the ONLY game they have ported to iOS, and through at least a dozen revisions they still haven't been able to get it right. I bought PuzzleQuest 1.0 for iPHone back when it came out, and still hadn't finished the game on my iPhone due to frustrations with minor graphical and interface bugs and issues with it, plus losing my savegame twice. (Due to bugs and issues with it.)

In the meantime, the iPad version, as-is, seems to be the best handheld version out there. If the spell-casting issue the the only remaining one effecting gameplay, figure the next update will be 3-4 weeks out and enjoy the game as best you can in the meantime. I've asked that the graphics be updated to remove the fuzziness several times now (since 2.0.0) and no changes to that. They have a track record of making it good enough to validate the cost, but not a lot further than that. The strength of the game still rests in the original IP/content and gameplay (by D3), not so much the post to iOS

It's also frustrating that Transgaming has claimed in emails that save games from PQ can't be transferred over to PQ HD, yet I'm no programmer or even iOS guru and I was able to figure it out. Why not make it that much more user-friendly and help the customer out by providing a path by which to do it within the HD version?

Anyway, to those who are doing so, keep reporting those bugs. You spent the $5 on a game that, this many years after its initial release, should be polished to the point of "blinding glare." What we are getting just isn't so. Transgaming is a porting company, and these are the details they should be getting right. Keep pointing out the issues and hopefully 2.0.7 will finally get it right. That's only 5 updates away! Woo-hoo!

Last edited by jmelrose; 11-21-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelrose View Post
It's also frustrating that Transgaming has claimed in emails that save games from PQ can't be transferred over to PQ HD, yet I'm no programmer or even iOS guru and I was able to figure it out. Why not make it that much more user-friendly and help the customer out by providing a path by which to do it within the HD version?
Wow, they are really missing an opportunity if they have the ability to transfer saved games but don't implement it. How many people would upgrade to the iPad version if it did not mean loosing their progress? I know that is part of why i have not purchased the game. Can you tell me what you did to move your save?

-Greg
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I used a piece of software called "iPhone Explorer" and copied the files for my characters from my iPHone to the computer, and then over to my iPad. I had already purchased the Ch 3 IAP so the content on both iPhone and iPad was the same.

In order to find the files you have to go into the "Apps" folder of the phone and then find puzzle quest. each character is saved within along with a saved game file. I had to mess around a little bit but eventually got it. With 2.0.0 I had a white box instead of my character graphic, but with 2.0.1 that was fixed and the game has played fine ever since.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
wow.....Are you one of the creators?
and thanks whoever for ruining the game and from looks like it, canceling PQ2.
No, Qordobo isn't a creator of this game. He's a prolific gadfly/complainer on this site. Don't take his word for things.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:47 PM

The first swiping bug was definitely a much bigger bug than this one. Just sayin'. And it'll get fixed, relax!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelrose View Post
I used a piece of software called "iPhone Explorer" and copied the files for my characters from my iPHone to the computer, and then over to my iPad. I had already purchased the Ch 3 IAP so the content on both iPhone and iPad was the same.

In order to find the files you have to go into the "Apps" folder of the phone and then find puzzle quest. each character is saved within along with a saved game file. I had to mess around a little bit but eventually got it. With 2.0.0 I had a white box instead of my character graphic, but with 2.0.1 that was fixed and the game has played fine ever since.
Nice! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Is this worth getting if I already have Puzzle Quest 2?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It's one of my favorite games, I like the original better than PQ2.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
It's one of my favorite games, I like the original better than PQ2.
I agree...