Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM

I've played the DS, PSP and iphone versions - this one is the best of the them all, by a mile. Great use of the screen real estate, responsive, readable text, clean and sharp graphics - Excellent!

It's a bargain if you've never played it before, and if you have, consider it a blu ray upgrade from your old dvd copy...
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
iPad

is this really as good as the xbla version? The iPhone version, as has been mentioned, is not really that strong... if this is the xbla version moved onto the iPad, i have to have it. If it's a scaled iPhone version, it will be the only version I don't buy. Hopefully PQ2 iPad is the best version release!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgamer View Post
is this really as good as the xbla version? The iPhone version, as has been mentioned, is not really that strong... if this is the xbla version moved onto the iPad, i have to have it. If it's a scaled iPhone version, it will be the only version I don't buy. Hopefully PQ2 iPad is the best version release!
I've played the Xbox version too, and this is pretty pretty close.... The way they have formatted things to fit on the landscape screen is really good. It doesn't appear to be a quick knock it our job....
Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgamer View Post
This is not a scaled up version of the iPhone release. That was an abortion of a game; the gems weren't even round! I actually prefer this to the xBox version, because you swap the gems directly and immediately, because of the touch interface. Moving a cursor around with a joystick is so last week.

I found myself getting more into the story, since it was actually readable by a human being (although they still could have scaled it up a little).

Anyway, this version is made of win and it's a great value, since you get all three chapters. If you feel like you've already bought this game 30 times, then make it 31.

Last edited by djflippy; 10-21-2010 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM

Yes this is the best version of the game, and is VERY similar to the XBOX Live version (except for a few minor adjustments for screen real estate), but that bug I mentioned earlier is DRIVING me crazy!

You literally can NOT drag-move a gem after you've done ANY spell, since the game will not recognize when your finger is being held on the gem, and only recognizes your finger when you LIFT it off the board. After you've tapped-moved your next gem, you can resume dragging gems, but this is so annoying.

I really hope they patch this in a 1.01 release because this really is the ultimate PuzzleQuest version if they fix it.

As an addendum: Yes, the iPhone version absolutely stinks. Blurry, nasty port. This is not the case with PuzzleQuest HD.

Last edited by WilliamG; 10-21-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM
iPad

OK, trusting you and taking the dive, buying this great game for the 4th time...

and I have beaten all but the terrible iPhone version.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:12 PM

With all that extra screen space you would think they would make the character portraits larger
Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 PM
iPad

OK, just purchased and played the first several fights.

This is now the definitive version. I really liked PQ2, but PQ1 is a far better game, and this version is excellent. If you have never played PQ, get this now. If you have played, and feel it deserves a bit more of your money (I have no problem buying several copies of this, one of the best games this decade imho).

Back to leveling my wizard. Catapults level over and over, here I come.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Just got a reply back from Transgaming about the drag glitch after casting a spell!

"Hi William,

We have been notified of that particular issue, and we are working on it.

Thank you for letting us know, we appreciate your continued support.

Amanda"

----

I only emailed them this morning, so getting a reply back that fast is excellent. Let's see if they follow through!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:03 PM
iPad

I also hated the IPhone version as well. It just stuttered on my IPad. But this version is amazing! The graphics are so much better, the sound and it plays so smoothly. Well worth it. My only regret is that I ever bought the
IPhone version.