★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MacStories.net: "Circuloid is one of the most clever and addictive games for iPad"

The Portable Gamer: "Circuloid is a fun and enjoyable take on the brick-breaker style of game." (4/5 stars)

148Apps.com: "if you like Arkanoid-style games and are ready for something new and more than a little challenging, youre sure to like Circuloid" (4/5 stars)

Circuloid is a classic brick-breaker game with a few twists. Just take a peek at screenshots.

Become the former white-collar agent John Circuloid, accept your first undercover mission and GET THE BALL ROLLING, literally.

The goal is to break all the bricks on a given level with a ball you bounce off your paddles.

WATCH THE TRAILER VIDEO here: http://circuloid.com/

GAME FEATURES:
* 54 exciting levels across first two-part mission (EVEN MORE COMING SOON!)
* 10 types of power-ups and bonuses to catch
* 3 amazing high-quality music tracks
* Crisp and brilliant graphics

3 CONTROL MODES:
* Rotate your iPad for the paddles to move (ACCELEROMETER)
* Drag the paddle with your finger (TOUCH)
* Slide your finger up and down (SLIDER)

Be the first to hear about NEW MISSIONS:

FOLLOW US: http://twitter.com/circuloid
FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/circuloid

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
This looks fun and nice trailer! I had no idea vimeo videos can be embedded on TA and played from idevices?!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

10-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
This looks fun and nice trailer! I had no idea vimeo videos can be embedded on TA and played from idevices?!
Its not embedded. Thats just a screenshot linked with the video page. I tricked you :P
Also, vimeo is now moving to h.264 too so I guess thats why you were able to play it on iDevice. Old vimeo vids still wont work unless they are converted.
10-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
It's not embedded - that's an image and a link.

Game still looks nice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Its not embedded. Thats just a screenshot linked with the video page. I tricked you :P
Also, vimeo is now moving to h.264 too so I guess thats why you were able to play it on iDevice. Old vimeo vids still wont work unless they are converted.
Lol, that was very tricky I did actually think it was embedded but now that I think about it clicking the link did take me to the vimeo site...

10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
It looks very cool, 10 powerup isn't that much but if the design is good that can be more than enough. The circular design discourage me a little I'm not much at ease with previous circular Brick Breaker I tried, well except Shatter but it's a bit special for Brick Breaker. The price is a bit high but well I can offer me sometimes golden gifts.
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
So I played the first four level, yes I lost only after four levels! I can't really comment, it's too few levels. But The 4 levels was really different, so well designed, if I lost at level 4 it's not really a hazard, it's also because it is slightly tricky.

I used the touch controls and it's very pleasant, I felt much more comfortable than with other iphone circular Brick Breaker I tried. The graphics are very cool, ok those of Enchanted Forest or Ricochet infinity aren't bad too, but Ricochet Infinity is missing the ipad version.

There's one point I noticed and found ok but wish a bit different. Your paddles are often series of paddles glued, I'm fine with that. The ball direction is controlled by how you center or not the ball on one of those paddle, that is fine, but your angle control is quite small. This give you more precision on your control but overall I felt I lost more options in controlling the ball.

That's just a first feeling, overall I think I'll enjoy it a lot.
10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Sales 99c

I picked it up .... I love brick breakers and could not resist.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
10-25-2010, 07:48 AM
.... I wonder just how long I can resist this one...

Edit: I thought about it.... and now it's on my iPad and 99 cents is gone from my account I lasted a whole 10 minutes though!

Last edited by songbird; 10-25-2010 at 07:59 AM.
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM

I have no regrets. I had only few minutes during my lunch break ... nice game, with difficult controls !!!

-----
On GC I am FPEX