★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word fu high scores?

03-14-2009, 08:51 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Word fu high scores?

Just recently got into playing word fu. It is totally awesome, I might play it a little to much . But anyways, the game is very score based game, Just curious what you guys high scores are, Thought it would be cool to compete scores against forumers. Mine is 3742.

CURRENT HIGH SCORE: SAPERLO- 19600

LARGEST WORD: SAPERLO- KINDNESS

Last edited by smartguy911; 03-19-2009 at 05:12 PM.
03-14-2009, 09:40 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
Just recently got into playing word fu. It is totally awesome, I might play it a little to much . But anyways, the game is very score based game, Just curious what you guys high scores are, Thought it would be cool to compete scores against forumers. Mine is 3742.

CURRENT HIGH SCORE: SMARTGUY911- 3742

LARGEST WORD: SMARTGUY911- DOMINATION
Wow good job!

03-14-2009, 09:44 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 219
Yea, well, that beats me lol. I had just over 2500.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
#4
My top score is 10000,


Ok, to many zeros, 1000

03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
High scores in this game are pretty pointless.

Not only because of solver tools, but also because you can pick your starting letters.

It's nice to share them, but don't take them all too seriously.

It's hard (or impossible) to fairly rank a word game as you would a normal game.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
High scores in this game are pretty pointless.

Not only because of solver tools, but also because you can pick your starting letters.
Hey, I dont use solvers . And picking good letters is part of the fun.
03-14-2009, 02:07 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
Hey, I dont use solvers . And picking good letters is part of the fun.
Did I say you did? Guilty conscience?


<opinion><notDirectedAtAnyone>

Part of the fun for me (and my girlfriend, when we play over local Wi-Fi) is using the letters that are given to us. At most we'll change duplicate letters, but we both feel that manipulating the letters to get the "easiest combination to play with" just dulls the game down to "get the best high score possible".

Game is a ton of fun if you play with what your dealt and you'll find yourself coming up with a better variety of words as you stray from the "common words" from the "easiest combination of letters".

</notDirectedAtAnyone></opinion>

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 03-14-2009 at 02:10 PM.
03-15-2009, 11:18 PM
#8
my score

hey guys,
i just wanted to post my score since i noticed a lot of you had. my high score is 6983 with 277 words. try beating that!
03-16-2009, 12:02 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomedude20 View Post
hey guys,
i just wanted to post my score since i noticed a lot of you had. my high score is 6983 with 277 words. try beating that!
arg..so close..6856!
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
I've been playing WordFu for a few weeks now and best score is now 19600
There are a few strategies to follow which help but it still requires a lot of concentration and gives you a really good mental work out

My longest word : kindnesses


My previous longest word was more embarrassing : phalluses ( ! )

Last edited by saperlo; 03-19-2009 at 05:11 PM.