★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Today I Die Again is a game about breaking through our own prisons.

Jury Award winner of Indiecade 2009, IGF 2010 finalist, this iPhone version is a complete revisioning of the original "Today I Die".

Don't give up.
10-22-2010, 05:32 AM
video I found on gameplay I imagine its the same

Youtube link | Pop Up

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug

10-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Intriguing.
10-22-2010, 06:28 AM
what a disturbing game.

You really have to watch the whole vid to realize whats going on.
Ill give this one a try.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

Last edited by dyscode; 10-22-2010 at 07:09 AM.
10-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
The title alone is a win

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
10-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Game Impressions

When is a game more than just a game? Perhaps when it touches on issues, and solicits emotions, not normally associated with games? How does it accomplish this? By being beautiful? Touching? Tender? Foreboding? Puzzling? Surprising? Well, this game is all of the above. You can't approach it in the same way you do other games. It's more of an art piece. A poem. That challenges you to solve its little puzzle, but as a footnote, not its raison d'tre.

Approach it with curiosity and an open mind, and you are likely to be rewarded in ways not normally associated with games also.
10-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
When is a game more than just a game? Perhaps when it touches on issues, and solicits emotions, not normally associated with games? How does it accomplish this? By being beautiful? Touching? Tender? Foreboding? Puzzling? Surprising? Well, this game is all of the above. You can't approach it in the same way you do other games. It's more of an art piece. A poem. That challenges you to solve its little puzzle, but as a footnote, not its raison d'tre.

Approach it with curiosity and an open mind, and you are likely to be rewarded in ways not normally associated with games also.
Very nicely put so its like Kometen where it is about the art rather than the game. If we can call them that.

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug
10-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

Well put. The game feels (reads?) like a sublime haiku. A welcome change of pace.

@EMTKiNG: the comparison with Kometen is not quite apt. Kometen strikes me as a purely sensational experience -- it's beautiful and engaging but ultimately meaningless. This game is all about meaning.

Last edited by squarezero; 10-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.
10-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Intriguing and interesting

The title of the game really intrigued me so I googled it and found some other videos and even the flash game plus some other games by the same developer.
It is really fascinating and I love the music in it althogh I would not classify it as a game, more as an experience or a poem.

If you are unsure what to make of it you can have a look at the flash game here and also check out some of his other games: www.ludomancy.com/games/today.php
10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Game Impressions

add to the above game impressions, here is mine:

This is an Art game and its over in 15 minutes at best.
So you cant judge it by the length.

Its a puzzler, where you need to find out what to do to proceed,
By exchanging words you switch stages or rooms to find more clues and words to solve the puzzles.

This experience is nothing but profound, touching. "Today" is like on the opposite end of Kometen. In Kometen you are wondering with nothing specific to do for ages, here everything is a fight not to drown in your fears.
Its feels like one of the those artworks where the creator tries to cope with certain traumata or losses and wants to communicate that. So if you are not into that type of psychological thing, maybe better skip this.

The `game` offers a good ending, although still unsettling enough.
As VladimirV already put it - its not really a game.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

Last edited by dyscode; 10-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.