★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join 1000s of Atomic Ball HD players every day! +1,000,000 downloads up-to-date and still counting!

Atomic Ball HD brick breaker, discover the reincarnation of one of the best arcade game in history featuring +90 handcrafted levels with full iPad 3 Retina graphic themes.

Enjoy a true classic of gaming history and breakout genre games, join 1000s of players every day!

WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT ATOMIC BALL

"If you like Brick Breakers but want something more modern and challenging take a look at Atomic Ball HD. With its HD graphics, great physics engine and challenging game features like 32 ball multi-ball play, Atomic Ball HD is sure to keep you entertained for hours." - PadGadget.com

"Atomic Ball HD takes a tried and true formula of brick breaking, adds on some fun little twists." - ThePortableGamer.com

"If you are a fan of brick breaking games, you are really going to love this one. The combination of spectacularly drawn graphics and unique look and feel of the atomic targets makes this an outstanding game." - iPhoneLife.com

"I definitely recommend this game, true brick breaker fans shouldn't even hesitate to give this one a go. Addiction is high. Overall 9/10!" - TouchArcade.com

"A New Brick Breaker game-style fun and well done!" - iSpazio.net

"A super hyped-up version of Pong with all kinds of insane mixed in." - AppVader.com

MAIN FEATURES
* Multiple gameplay modes; standard, hard and two-player deathmatch
* Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements
* iPad 3 Retina Graphics
* With 30 powerups to be unlocked including multiball powerup
* Featuring most interactive and advanced physics in it's genre
* More then +90 handcrafted levels
* East to pick and play, fast paced addictive gameplay
* Multitasking and Accelerometer support
* Device rotation enabled
* Premium narrator voice
* Touch and Tilt controls

WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR CRITICISM

We always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and especially your constructive criticism they all help us to improve Atomic Ball HD app.
Contact us at support@meritumsoft.hr and make sure you come and visit us at https://www.facebook.com/meritumsoft

duke4e's comments:
iPad version is out:

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=65714
10-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to duke4e Send a message via MSN to duke4e Send a message via Yahoo to duke4e Send a message via Skype™ to duke4e
Here are 2 gameplay videos:

Last edited by duke4e; 10-26-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added one more youtube video

10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
As an extreme fan of Brick Breakers I'll have try it. The approach seems original but I'm a little worry that this will ends with levels with only one type of bricks and no obstacles. But well the price is fine so I'll see.
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
That game is awesome! 2 players Deathmatch mode is sooo sweet and full of tense. I like singleplayer and skirmish modes too, but deathmatch give a real value to the game!

10/10
10-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Well it's what I was worried about, there's roughly one type of brick, no obstacles. The result is past the very beginning where the initial bricks setup means a bit, the levels plays and feel the same. It's not really boring for a little pleasure because the bricks are round involving surprising bouncing that requires some attention and some reflex plus taking care of the falling bonus. But well we are very far from the quality of the good brick breakers.

The two paddles mode is working in a simple way well though, one paddle at bottom like the classical and one at top. You don't need control them both because it's the same control for both. This mode is a bit more cool and more original bu the games end to the same problem. Nice and slightly distracting but not more.

That's for single play, for multiplayer I haven't tried. But for multiplayer Brick Breaker I would advise much more Splash Duel HD mixing Brick Breaker and Pong which is quite logical for Brick Breaker Multiplayer. And its single-player is much more fun when playing against the AI.
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
I have to admit that this game is really fun on iPad.

But let me say what i think:
Yeah, as Q said there is one kind of brick for each theme and i was hoping to see some different ones in the same theme but as i played further the need for them was dropping. Why?
Well the game becomes pretty wild little later when you unlock some powerups.
You are being alerted full time once stuff start falling and you don't get bored, what is THE PROBLEM for most of the games. Good job on thinking about that. I don't know if Qordobo was playing the game longer till the point when it gets really fun.

SINGLEPLAYER - Looks easy to finish it, it like 1 min - 1,5 mins to finish the level. And that is a good thing, it would be annoying if you had to play one level for e. 5 mins. . Love the multy balls, its crazy with them.

SKIRMISH - its great, you could call it a Hard mode for singleplayer, takes some skills to be able to follow all the balls.

DEATHMATCH - because of that mode id say this is a must have game. super fun to play with friends. I didn't think Brick breaker can be that much fun

Nicely done guys.
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesH View Post
Well the game becomes pretty wild little later when you unlock some powerups.
You are being alerted full time once stuff start falling and you don't get bored, what is THE PROBLEM for most of the games. Good job on thinking about that. I don't know if Qordobo was playing the game longer till the point when it gets really fun.
I suppose as I finished the first world and reach first ice levels. Yes the single player is easy but not boring and not captivating, at least for someone who played plenty brick breakers. When there's ton of balls at same time or/and ton of bonus that fall, yes there's some animation. It's ok, it's just that levels are too similar, and yes there's some fun anyway. But it won't support the comparison with Circuloid or Enchanted Forest that have a much more deep design and diversity.

And yes it is more for multi player but for that I suspect Splash Duel will be better. Ha well there isn't many multi player Bricker Breaker for ipad anyway.
10-28-2010, 02:31 AM
only thing is that Splash Duel is really boring, and Atomic Ball with all dynamic stuff in deathmatch is really fun!!
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porotonis View Post
only thing is that Splash Duel is really boring, and Atomic Ball with all dynamic stuff in deathmatch is really fun!!
Lol ok, taste and colors, in single player, bonus that fall and surprising bouncing giving some dynamism isn't enough to keep my fun when it's with series of levels that play totally the same. Also the surprising bouncing is pleasant by bringing some dynamism. But it means it's only use the reflex and speed, most of tactical management of a level through fine controlling is lost. Not that it matter in this game because all levels are the same, but with a well designed brick breaker.

Honestly it could be a shame to not support like I do that good looking Brick Breaker, one of the rare iPad Brick Breaker.

But really in term of gameplay design, I can't support such a low quality level design, in fact there's no level design and the guy who designed this game tried make a clone of games he understand nothing and obviously never played much.

That's hugely different with Splash Duel HD and that you find it boring is your problem, at least there's levels design and not only 4 levels that differ only from colors like in Atomic Ball.
10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to duke4e Send a message via MSN to duke4e Send a message via Yahoo to duke4e Send a message via Skype™ to duke4e
Ok, I don't understand... Aren't all brick brakers just and nothing more than brick brakers. Isn't level design just the placement of bricks.