★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone game dev wanted for simple project.

03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
#1
iPhone game dev wanted for simple project.

Hi guys,

I have a simple concept i would like on the iPhone (approx 2 weeks work) and we can offer 55% of sales revenue, we will be using a publisher and sales figures will be emailed to you direct.

We will supply all art and music.



More details are available upon request,

Darren.

toyboxuk[AT]hotmail.com
03-19-2009, 12:09 AM
#2
Not wanting to be negative but why would a developer want to spend their time/money making your game (and getting 55%) when they could spend that time making their own game and get 100%? If they can't come up with an original idea it isn't as if there aren't thousands of old computer and board games they could be ripping off.
03-19-2009, 12:12 AM
#3
Because not all of those gifted at coding are also gifted artistically

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
Not wanting to be negative but why would a developer want to spend their time/money making your game (and getting 55%) when they could spend that time making their own game and get 100%? If they can't come up with an original idea it isn't as if there aren't thousands of old computer and board games they could be ripping off.
To be technical. Apple takes 30% leaving both devs 70% to share.
Artist - 31.5%
Coder - 37.5% (adding both those gets 69%, I don't want to do more math)
03-19-2009, 02:22 AM
#5
Ugh something new please. This looks like Topple and Flexis. Where are the innovators?
03-19-2009, 05:37 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
Not wanting to be negative but why would a developer want to spend their time/money making your game (and getting 55%) when they could spend that time making their own game and get 100%? If they can't come up with an original idea it isn't as if there aren't thousands of old computer and board games they could be ripping off.
generally speaking, if they provide good artwork and music and the developer is not able to make them with the same quality, it can be a good deal. Don't forget that many users buy judging only screenshot - that is, artwork.