★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games that make you sad 😞

06-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Games that make you sad 😞

Any platform, think about a game that may gave left you with a sad feeling or thought.

I'm not gonna address the game specifically, but it involves killing the main antagonist, an old man who had recently had heart surgery, by artificially giving him a heart attack. The song was somber and had beats that depicted his heart beats, and ended with a flatline to symbolize his death. 😔

*Disclaimer* this is near the end of the game, but not the very ending. Still the same effect although.

Last edited by Anonomation; 06-24-2015 at 12:33 AM.
06-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Mother 3, game boy advance. You can close the thread now.

06-24-2015, 10:10 AM
On iOS?

Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Games that make me sad? The fantastic premiums that turned into horrible freemiums.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Games that make me sad? The fantastic premiums that turned into horrible freemiums.
Lol.
06-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Games that make me sad:
- all the ones with broken achievements where I went out of my way to meet certain requirements...only to find out the game was bugged.

- FFX Remaster: I couldn't win the damn Chocobo race so I just deleted the game and save so as never to be tempted to touch that damn game ever again. So sad not to have the necessary skills for that.

- Professor Layton and The Last Specter: Loosha.... ((((((

- All the sequels that are either ruined by casual-ization and fanservice (Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem etc).

- Finally all the games I wanted badly but that have failed to get localized (Miles Edgeworth, 7th Dragon, Dragon Quest 3DS remakes etc).

Basically I am a sad gamer I guess? Someone wanna cuddle up with me? :3
06-30-2015, 09:42 PM
To the Moon brought tears to my eyes multiple times. But it's the good kind of tears. Like it's sad but happy.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
07-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Ride To Hell: Retribution, just reminds me that I don't know how to manage my money properly
07-06-2015, 02:13 AM
Super Mario Galaxy. Seeing your Luma transform at the end was beautiful.

And of course Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Oh god, boy did that game make me emotional.
07-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemerleb View Post
Games that make me sad:
- all the ones with broken achievements where I went out of my way to meet certain requirements...only to find out the game was bugged.

- FFX Remaster: I couldn't win the damn Chocobo race so I just deleted the game and save so as never to be tempted to touch that damn game ever again. So sad not to have the necessary skills for that.

- Professor Layton and The Last Specter: Loosha.... ((((((

- All the sequels that are either ruined by casual-ization and fanservice (Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem etc).

- Finally all the games I wanted badly but that have failed to get localized (Miles Edgeworth, 7th Dragon, Dragon Quest 3DS remakes etc).

Basically I am a sad gamer I guess? Someone wanna cuddle up with me? :3
Wow. Poor thing.. You've been afflicted with gameritis and the world is closing in.....
I think you need a therapist. LOL!!!