★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS emulators?

07-17-2016, 02:26 PM
iOS emulators?

Hey TA,

Does anyone know of any good (still viable) iOS emulators for SNES that still work or that are safe? I have had a super duper craving to play Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre lately now in my 30's. The games are between 80-120 bucks to buy and I'm not Rick James.

They also ported them to PS1 so if anyone can find one of those too it'd be awesome! I'd rather that I suppose so I could play both.

Thanks for the help,
Aconfusedkender
07-17-2016, 02:32 PM
If you don't mind spending money, you could go to iemulators.com and get a Buildstore subscription. One of the emulators you can get is called Provenance. It can emulate SNES as well as NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, and the Sega Master System.

07-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
If you don't mind spending money, you could go to iemulators.com and get a Buildstore subscription. One of the emulators you can get is called Provenance. It can emulate SNES as well as NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, and the Sega Master System.
Yeah I saw that build store thing. Is it legit? And does it work on the iPhone no matter what Apple does because Apple has a way of shutting that stuff down
07-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
Yeah I saw that build store thing. Is it legit? And does it work on the iPhone no matter what Apple does because Apple has a way of shutting that stuff down
I got your PM. I sent a reply with the details.
07-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
I've been using builds.io for over a year now through multiple iOS updates with no problems at all. I did have a small problem when I switched phones but the customer service was top notch and they fixed it quick. It's a great service.
07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
I've been using builds.io for over a year now through multiple iOS updates with no problems at all. I did have a small problem when I switched phones but the customer service was top notch and they fixed it quick. It's a great service.
I second that. I had a year's subscription and had no issues at all. Good service.

2018 GOTY nominations: You're joking, right? I'm still playing games I got in 2015...
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
07-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys I'll check into that!
01-07-2018, 05:26 AM
Buildstore is terrific

Had a subscription for years. GBA4IOS 2 is brilliant if you want GBA or GB and GBC. Provenace is great but be aware a lot of SNES and Genesis games will load ok but pressing buttons does nothing. So trial an error there but then again a lot do work.

iPad playing: Door Kickers, Warhammer Quest, XCOM EU, Space Hulk, Deathwatch, and Breach & Clear
iPhone playing: Crossy Road, M.U.L.E., Hitman GO, The Paris Dossier, River Raid and Deathwatch