★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Flick fishing monster fish

03-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Flick fishing monster fish

Does anybody know what the best way to catch all of the monster fish in flick fishing are? If you do please post them.
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
..Monster fish?

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz

03-14-2009, 03:34 PM
A.K.A. the impossibly big named fish.
03-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I think he means the named fish. The trick is to find out the best bait for the type of fish that you know each named fish is and fish with that. They will only bite when you tempt them with their favourite bait and even then it is rare that they will bite, so the best way to catch them is to keep fishing.

If you complete the quest that the Old Man In the Lighthouse sets you, then the reward you get will give you a slightly better chance of hooking and landing a named fish.
03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
ive caught the big catfish in the easiest pond you can fish in. he put up no fight, and I had no idea I caught him until it showed his name instead of catfish
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Year everyones right. Basically, every spot has a named fish. All you do is use the best bait for the popular catch in that area, and I found every time I got the named fish it was a max cast. And it doesn't usually take long, a couple tries and you usally get it.
03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Yea, by monster i mean the named fish in the areas that are hard to get. i have 2 of them the catfish and red snapper the other ones i dont know what bait to use =(
03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
when you're doing a quest to catch a species of fish, before you complete it you can revisit the lighthouse and the old man gives you a hint, which is almost always what type of bait to use. Furthermore, as soon as you start fishing in a level, the default bait they start you with is usually the best bait to use for the popular catches... Makes sense bc that's what you're meant to fish for in that level.
03-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Heres some tips

Old pond*
old mog-catfish- bait fish

Lake shiny*
Fat bob-largemouth bass-spinner

River. Cast in middle about 75 ft
Gums-pike- baitfish/spinner

Breakwater*
big red- red snapper - baitfish/lure reel slow

Deep blues*
hank marlin- marlin- lure

Waves of doom*
smiling ingo-swordfish- squid

Lake shiny at night*
Carpo marx- carp - luncheon meat

*max cast

All monsters r listed from easiest to hardest

I myself have only caught old mog,fat bob, gums, big red
Carpo marx and smiling ingo are really good fighters

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

Last edited by Stykman; 03-14-2009 at 07:40 PM.
03-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the bait info ^^ i just caught gums and fat bob only need hank marlin, smiling ingo, and carpo marx now