Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:20 PM

Does this work on the iPhone 3G? It looks like a clone of Espgaluda which only worked on 3GS/4.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Does this work on the iPhone 3G? It looks like a clone of Espgaluda which only worked on 3GS/4.
App runs AMAZINGY well on my 2nd gen 8giger.... So yea on the 3rd gen
Old 10-26-2010, 01:53 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervdriven View Post
Ship damage indication - The progressing flames and smoke are really good looking, but not functional at all. Due to the size issues mentioned in the above paragraph, you will have your finger over the body of your ship most of the time. with just the cockpit hit box peeking out from under your finger. This means that you can't see how damaged your ship is unless you pick your finger up. Again not a good idea in a bullet hell game. Add a little health meter somewhere. I really don't like not knowing how much damage I can take.
I'd like to second that!!!!!!!

**edit** - YAY FOR MY 200TH POST!!!

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-26-2010 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

holy crap this is good. im not exacelt a fan of this genre, but im LOVING this. currently my highscore is 271555, but my score probably averages at around 150000...

but yeah, if any you dudes are even remotely interested in top down shooters, this is the game to buy. for a dollar, there' really not much to hate on.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Just purchased "Flare Elite" so support the dev a tiny bit more. Another shmup not that bad, I see what the devs tried here. And although not that intuitive it's working quite well. Anyway, I just wanted to leave some more cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I did the same, after buying Phoenix, I bought Flare Elite, if not for another Shmup on my device, to just support these devs.

Phoenix is... simply... an AMAZING game. Cave better watch out!!!!
Haha, thanks guys that's great. Yeah Flare Elite was our first title and definitely has some rough edges. When/If we find the time we want to revisit it, do stuff like update the engine to the level of Phoenix, tweak graphics and gameplay. For now our focus is on Phoenix though. Thanks for the gesture
Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Btw guys, just thought you may wanna know that the game does lag if you put it into sleep mode then continue playing. Also, if you put it into sleep mode mid game, the game will quit upon revisiting.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
holy crap this is good. im not exacelt a fan of this genre, but im LOVING this. currently my highscore is 271555, but my score probably averages at around 150000...

but yeah, if any you dudes are even remotely interested in top down shooters, this is the game to buy. for a dollar, there' really not much to hate on.
jesus christ... my high score is 31,000...

but this has replaced Assault Squadron on my iPod... =o)
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervdriven View Post

Ship size - you could honestly make the ship smaller, the ship's size in relation to the hit box and the hit box's placement don't make a ton of sense, and it would help with the fact that everything takes up so much room on the screen. Everything is so zoomed in that using the relative controls is pointless. if your finger isn't over your ship, you can't put your finger behind it because the ship will be too close to the top. If you do it on either side, the zoomed in nature of the screen means that moving half a screen width will have you hitting the edge of your phone with your finger and having to pick up and replace. not a great idea in a bullet hell game.

Ship damage indication - The progressing flames and smoke are really good looking, but not functional at all. Due to the size issues mentioned in the above paragraph, you will have your finger over the body of your ship most of the time. with just the cockpit hit box peeking out from under your finger. This means that you can't see how damaged your ship is unless you pick your finger up. Again not a good idea in a bullet hell game. Add a little health meter somewhere. I really don't like not knowing how much damage I can take.

Hitbox indication- PLEASE give us a glowing ring of some sort. even if it is just brighter light shining from the cockpit as if illuminated from within. Having it stand out lets you be aware of it's location without having to keep your eyes on it so much. This lets you be more aware of what is coming down the pipe pattern-wise.

Anyway, great job on the game.

As previously stated, I agree with these points. Sounds like Firi is on it and a more clearly-defined hit box is upcoming.

So what star level does everyone (especially the ridiculously high-scoring folks) prefer to start at? I find 3 stars to be a good starting level but was wondering if a lot forum members were starting at 5.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
As previously stated, I agree with these points. Sounds like Firi is on it and a more clearly-defined hit box is upcoming.

So what star level does everyone (especially the ridiculously high-scoring folks) prefer to start at? I find 3 stars to be a good starting level but was wondering if a lot forum members were starting at 5.
I was going to ask around about this. I'm not sure there's any advantage to starting with more stars, in terms of scoring. It mayactually make it harder to get high scores, due to the higher difficulty. Anyway, I always start at 1 star, and that seems to be serving me well (800k).

Anyone else have an opinion? Do more stars get you more points for kills?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Tried every star option for a long time but still go best with 1 star.
1.5 mio But I guess, if you get to know the patterns better and better you can go higher.

Closed Thread